• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

"BREAKING NEWS: Later this year, DAYS fans will be seeing double when Greg Rikkart, who already plays Leo, takes on a second role as Leo's long-lost twin brother, Lance!"

Edited by Khan

• Members

I had read his webpage a few days ago and this is a good description of him.

A hunky boy-toy… the very likable — and ripped — Jonah Robinson” - Jim Testa, NJArts

• Members
Posted (edited)

Unless ER has had a major renaissance in the 2020's from streaming that I am unaware of I am on the younger end of ER viewers and I am much older than Johnny.  To me that's a history nod to 1999. 

I can believe Dr. Mark from Days was lying about being gay just to avoid awkward af LEO

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is just a nitpik, because it doesn't really bother me, but I don't like it when the wrong character makes a meta-remark.

Like Bonnie's comment about the tarot card being scifi, or Brady noting the number of living room weddings, or today's episode with Johnny commenting on the doctor's name.  These are clever comments, but they come out the mouths of the wrong people.  Brady is not snarky enough to comment on social events.  Bonnie's son went to Melaswen, so she's experienced weirder things than brainwashing.  And, as mentioned, Johnny would not know the cultural reference for Mark Greene.

I maintain that the intention is a wink to the audience, to let us know that we're all in on the absurdity of the situation.  But, it also frequently means that a dim bulb like Brady is suddenly uncharacteristically observant.  Like he turns from Hee Haw to Cole Porter on a dime.

Whereas, I'm actually annoyed that Eric's lost his baby and his wife, and Brady hasn't even mentioned it.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would argue that absurdity was part of the DNA of DAYS long before RonC. It is the charm of living in Salem.  I just object to characters who are suddenly aware of it, and then go back to being obtuse to serve the plot.  For example, three different people have caught Theresa and Konstantin in cahoots, but nobody suspects that they were accomplices?

Ironically, I was going to say that soap fans who don't appreciate absurdity should watch another soap, but I couldn't think of a current example that doesn't have some sort of high jinks.  From poisoned hips, to missing toes, and old ladies locked in the basement, soaps are chock-full of wackiness these days. 

Edited by j swift