• Members

Whatever. My point still stands.

I just asked AI about NY surrogacy laws.

The state of New York passed very strong reforms in 2020 with strong protections for both intended parents and surrogates. Contracts since 2020 are presumed vaild and ENFORCEABLE.

For GH to go sideways on this, they either have to ignore reality or make Molly, TJ, and Kristina so ignorant and stupid that they don't have a contract.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

She may have.  I haven't been consistently watching.  Only gestestional surrogacy is legal in NY, so genetic surrogacy can be a whole different thing I guess.  I just don't know how TJ being the bio dad wouldn't get some sort of visitation/custody/etc so Kristina couldn't just say it's mine now lol!!!

Haha!  I just googled it too.  Apparently what TJ/Kristina/Molly are doing isn't legally recognized under those laws  and couldn't be enforced because Kristina is the bio mom.  Technically what Molly said about Kristina having rights until the adoption is signed is true, but that's only if the adoptive parents aren't genetically related to the baby, which TJ is

Edited by carolineg
Surrogacy laws in NY is a long read

• Members

Classic Bryan. Another reason I never need to see Morgan again. He was not talented enough for the nonsense he (and Kelly Thiebaud when they were together) regularly pulled BTS.

He also regularly scrapped with fans online (as did his stage mom), insulted people left and right, he and I believe KT used to scam fans for 'private online chats' which always seemed to me to be OnlyFans-adjacent, and then there was the time he tweeted for hours after his flight on a plane and something about how Muslims all eat dogs. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Bryan is very lucky he was at GH in the early 2010s and not the later years of social media.

• Members

Thank you!  I knew KT was involved but I couldn't remember exactly how.  I always thought the fact she wanted to marry a 23 year old douche canoe was weird.  I just couldn't remember if I thought she was just super immature for a woman in her 30's at the time or if she actively did something.

I do actually remember the Muslim comment now.  

I think I also remember rumors MB couldn't stand BC, but he's only spoken positively about him so not sure.

• Members

She was as immature and off-putting as he was IRL, at least in those days, which is another reason (in addition to her mediocre talent and thin character) I've never had much time for Britt and don't miss her.

There's other Bryan stories, I used to make endless sport of him on Primetimer. But I can't remember them all.

• Members

He apparently adored him, including giving him advice about never coming back to daytime because of how that grind is on talented actors like himself. One of the reasons I disliked him was because Maurice liked him so much. He is so patronizing about his great talent and how he teaches those that will listen to him telling them how wrong their choices are.

From all accounts, as egotistical and difficult as Tony Geary could be, he didn’t pull crap like that on his peers. Neither did Susan Flannery, Erika Slezak, or David Canary. I think Homa deserves way more credit for Michael Sutton, KMc, and Vanessa improving so dramatically that year on the show than Mo does.

One of the things I liked about NC as Spencer was he apparently did not bend the knee. He basically told him he has his own process when MB tried to give him the talk he always gives the newer performers, which did not go over well.

• Members

6-7

Well, I see everyone's been doing their squats cuz DAMN!!! LOL. Day 2 of the pool being open and here comes Big Daddy Drew with the sexy goodness...though I was scared for a moment he shaved. Or perhaps he did in the first scene. lol. Bad editing made good. And I could take or leave Dex most days now, but the actor is still pretty to look at. Well, that back and chest hair lol. 

And YES, PLEASE to Gio and Trina. I rolled my eyes at him with Joss the day before with her making cutesy poses and stuff. But I saw some nice chemistry between Gio and Trina. And I was wondering if he had seen her before, too. Perhaps when she was looking for backup colleges? But I love the vibe.

I was just thinking that I haven't seen Nina/Drew around each other so thank God they got a simmering heat scene. hehe. If Willow and Wiley weren't there, they gave the vibe they would do it in public. lol.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but enjoying this Finn storyline. Poor Jake being the one who caught him. And I was wondering if he was going to take the blonde home. Cuz of course, that would mean cheating and of course the hope that it frees Liz. And speaking of Liz...when Jake told her what he saw...if looks to kill...oooooo.

And we know that I LOVE that Liz walking in on Finn as the Friday cliffhanger.

GIVE 'IM HADES, LIZ!!!

Morgan yes. That actor no. I think you catch my drift.

Please register in order to view this content

IKR. Thank you, Errol, for the tea. 

• Members

Oh, for sure: FS 2023.

I would agree to an extent on their pacing problem. Especially when it came to couples. in: BLQ/Chase, Sprina. Or just about all of them would start to either have a nice flow and then get a roller coaster ride of tropes to keep them apart or they would get a good start and then be stalled by some silly reason. Plotting hmmm

Yes!! I remember that whole mess. And I love that as soon as GF signed, several of you all let me know, knowing my love for Laura and GF. Because that was just disgusting what FV tried to pull with her. But I felt she handled him that situation very well.

Same. I liked Livvie as a heroine, but she soared when she went villainess and the best kind cuz she would do the wrong things, but you understood why at the same time. The gray of it all. And KM and ME back then...mmmmm. How she managed to get back into Caleb's good graces was schemer gold. I am also saddened that Nolan North's character never crossed over to do battle with Robin and/or Patrick. That wrote itself when PC ended. 

YES re: Trina. And now with the scenes I just saw with Gio...I see potential and I can live with it for now, but I know I'm side-eyeing my screen at the same time. 

I could see them doing that. 

And me and Twitter are nope. I see soaps related stuff occasionally, but nothing big.

• Members

Exactly.

A terminal illness storyline should not play out for almost 3 years either. 

As for plotting, or lack thereof, I still think it was obvious in some of the stories. I mean, how else would the sleazy drug trafficker who had Laura shot end up being Laura’s brother

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Oh, I agree with that totally. And she didn't even look dead. 

See? I feel that was a case of FV loving the actor and telling them to find a way to keep him around. And BOOM Surprise Brother!! BOOM!!! And then there was two!!!

• Members

I was never a huge fan of KT or Britt.  I would hope she has matured and she seemed to be in good standing with GH considering they kept hiring back a mostly useless character IMO.  Against everyone else's opinion I think BC is better than KT at acting at least.

Thanks for correcting me.  In my mind I thought MB either hated BC or loved him, but I couldn't remember which one lol.

I remember MB alluding to issues with NC on his you tube videos.  I think MS, KMc, and Vanessa do give Homa a lot of credit, but also give Mo a ton.  They all seem to be friendly in real life so perhaps MB taking credit for their skill/improvement doesn't bother them, but if Mo said some of the things he said to Vanessa to me I would have punched him in the face.  She seems to laugh it off though.

• Members

I doubt his work as Nico Kelly or as Desi Arnaz makes MB the next Lee Strasberg, lol.

I thank everyone who filled me in on BC's history...I think, lol.

And WTG GH!  I used to believe that "Baby M" was the most hideous story about surrogacy that I had ever seen.  But no more!