GH: Johnny Wactor Shot & Killed During Robbery Attempt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well wow, Croatian media must not have anything else to write about today. 

AFAIK, GH never aired in Croatia, let alone recently so that anyone would know who Johnny Wactor is. And calling him "famous american actor dies" is such a click bait... 

• Members
Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/nicholasachavez/status/1795188000739221914

Nicholas Alexander Chavez @nicholasachavez

Johnny —

I’m beside myself with sadness. The last time I saw you, we ran into each other by accident in Los Angeles. When we recognized each other your face lit up and you ran essentially across the room to give me a big and tight hug. You were a strong and kind person. You were a phenomenal friend and you always made me feel welcomed and loved. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been a part of your life and I’m praying for you and your family. I will miss you very much.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I really can't process how senseless and tragic this is. I keep up with GH but I'm not a devoted viewer, and it's still just like... WTF. Maybe the fact that I live in L.A. is part of it, but it's so sad and awful. 

• Members

SOD Feb 17 2020

MEET GH NEWCOMER JOHNNY WACTOR

Reports of the death of Brando — son to Sonny’s cousin Gladys — have been greatly exaggerated, and the role is being played by daytime newbie Johnny Wactor. Though Ñ Wactor tried out for GH a few no -| times (and also auditioned for Y&R), “I think | had a little resistance toward daytime television,” admits the actor. “But I’ve been surprised, after having worked on the set with the cast and crew, finding out how much I’ve enjoyed it! Once I got on set, it’s really the closest thing to theater that I’ve done in front of a camera. It’s been a really thrilling experience.”

Wactor turned to real-life pal Mark Grossman (Adam, Y&R) for tips on how to handle his new workplace. “But at the same time,” since news of his hiring was being kept under wraps, “| had to to be kind of vague and not even tell him that I had booked something, [so my questions were like], ‘What’s been shocking you? What have you been feeling like you wish you had known before you went on set?’ He was just kind of reiterating the level of preparedness you need to have.”

On his first day, “I felt more excitement than nervousness, because there was a lot of action  and not a whole bunch of heavy dialogue.” The nerves kicked in a bit on day two. “I had a lot of dialogue with Laura [Wright, Carly] talking about a lot of personal things in Brando's life,his past. Laura’s got such a presence about her. She’s so warm and gracious as a person, but then Carly Corinthos, she’s a strong an intimidating character. I think I flubbed a line at one point, but she was encouraging and patient. It was a great kind of baptism by fire. But since then, it’s just been a joy and exciting to come to work knowing that I get to work with her often, and Maurice [Benard, Sonny].”

Wactor has been especially impressed with his new boss, Executive Producer Frank Valentini. “He is so hands-on on set,” the actor praises. “It's so cool to watch him and see this guy who is so dialed in and so enthusiastic and passionate about what he does. I watch him giving his input on other scenes and talking to the actors and then giving the same attention to detail  talking with me, and it’s just really cool to work with a head boss who truly cares about the show.” 

• Members

I didn’t know he was BFF with Mark Grossman. Just an unbelievable tragedy. I can see why it’s become such an international story even though JW wasn’t even that well known in soaps. A handsome actor murdered for a car part while walking his female colleague to her car will resonate. Certainly he’s become a symbol of urban crime in America (which is being politically exploited). 

• Members

Finola edited her original ig post to include more text:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7cvCmjPS34/
finolafilona
Gutted…. 

Please register in order to view this content

sending my deepest condolences to his family I feel I must add to this post. The shock is so terrible, for such a genuine young man to be taken so violently. I am incredibly sad for his family. He was a very hardworking person, kind and extremely respectful to his fellow cast members. I am so sorry for his loss Johnny Wactor xxx