The Incredible Hilary Swank

Shawn

• Members

She shocked the world with her brilliant portrayal of Teena Brandon/Brandon Teena in Boys Don't Cry and won her first Oscar.

She proved she wasn't a fluke when she wowed the world as Maggie Fitzgerald in Million Dollar Baby and snagged her second Oscar.

She is beautiful, with a megawatt smile. She's frighteningly talented and her career is only just beginning.

I adore Hilary and she is my favorite actress along with Julianne Moore and Meryl Streep.

Who else adores her as much as I do?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is wonderful. I will be glad when she makes a movie that she shines in that is not as depressing as Million Dollar Baby and Boys Don't Cry were.

I loved both movies but want her to really shine the same way in a more upbeat movie - so that I can enjoy her over and over. I can only watch both of her great movies every once in awhile.

• Members

Yeah, I know what you mean, Steve. You need a prozac to watch those two movies. I'm really looking forward to seeing her in the upcoming "The Reaping" and "The Black Dahlia", the latter of which she plays a femme fatale. It'll be nice to see her in completely feminine roles.

• Members

Both of those sound good. It would be nice too if she could get a role in the upcoming remake of 1939's The Women. I know at one time it was a vehicle for Julia Roberts, but now is said to be starring Annette Benning, Sandra Bullock, Ashley Judd, Meg Ryan, and Uma Thurman. The 1939 cast was all star too and I think it would be good to see Hillary thrown in there. I love watching the old one and so many of the scenes were so funny.

Archived