• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

BTW, speaking of those of you who like Johnny's ass, there is currently an image up on TwiX of Tom Pelphrey that you guys are gonna want to see. If you need the link, PM me. 

Now, Eric & Nicole, so so very good. And, Sloan has been no slouch.

Y'all had me laughing my head off about the instances of DID in our little hamlet, Salem. I'm telling you, there's got to be something in the water!!! 

I was trying to think how many Salemites have had DID. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/a-look-back-at-other-memorable-did-cases-on-days-of-our-lives/

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Patrick Mulcahey has quit GH, so I don't have to be nice anymore: Ron Carlivati's writing sucks donkey balls.  And when it comes to having class, his WGA Awards speech from many moons ago proves he ain't got none.

• Members

So, I watched Dee on "Hacks" last night & I'll post in the other thread about it but here I just wanted to say that all the people who have said that the lighting on DAYS sucks eggs, were all 100% correct. The comparison makes it incredibly obvious!

Greg Vaughn was amazing! One little thing I loved is that in the biggest, most dramatic part of his fight with Sloan, his hair looks awful, like it hasn't seen a comb in weeks, and GV's hair is always immaculate! 

Yesterday & today were so good for DAYS!!! 

• Members

We all have our opinions. You are all going to be watching my beloved Ron Carlivati’s work soon. It humors me that some people claim to not watch the show yet they comment about every episode. Ron is still there. He’s still writing the show into 2049! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

8/10 - best episode in a while

A few nitpicks: Jada was married to BobEtte for years and never suspected DID?  Isn't she a detective?  Holly texted an apology to Nicole?  Doesn't she live upstairs?  EJ thinks Nicole will quit her job to raise the baby, but she didn't do that for Holly or Sydney?  EJ and Johnny talked about the baby five feet from Chanel, how didn't she hear them?

I cannot believe Sloan confessed.  It was so simple, but I didn't buy EJ's "checkmate" statement, so I thought she'd find a way out of it.  Other than Dimitri's absence, I also wish that they would've just gone full evil Sloan.  I wanted her to scream about her dissatisfaction with baby rearing, and how awful Eric was as a parenting partner.  Especially because she had to be the breadwinner the whole time and Eric tried to guilt her every time she needed a break.   But, that ending was so satisfying. 

I remain unconcerned about uninspired, conventional wisdom takes on the production model, which have no impact on my experience of the show.  We get it, they tape in advance and the head writer is gay.  Wake me up when you figure out one more thing about the show. 

Opinions are subjective and do not require relentless responses for me to understand.  This is not an argument that people can win or lose.  Also being contrarian for the sake of engagement is not the vibe.  Please go proverbially rain on someone else's parade and allow us to discuss what is actually being streamed.  Because I am not better informed nor entertained by the projective hypotheses about producers and writers by pseudopsychoanalysts who endlessly provide the most reductive reactions. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Good episode!

It was weird Holly text Nicole because she's grounded so you would assume she would be home.

Ha!  Ron and/or DH must have googled DID like I did because Marlena said the same thing I did yesterday about DID being rare and misdiagnosed.  I guess I should be getting my medical license shortly lol.

Sloan/Eric and Nicole/EJ were of course the highlight.

I really am not into the Johnny/Chanel story.  I am glad they have something to do, but I don't find it terribly interesting.

• Members
Posted (edited)

There is really no great outcome for the plot.  Either the infant is fine, in which case their relief will seem odd given that they just met with this girl with Down's Syndrome.  Or, the baby will have a congenital disorder, in a town where men get heart transplants three years after they died.  Or she'll miscarry, and it will just be about what might have been. 

It seems like an unfortunate political message, because 92% of all women who receive a prenatal diagnosis of Down's Syndrome choose to terminate their pregnancies.  In the absence of prenatal testing, the United States would have experienced a 34 percent increase in the number of Down births between 1989 and 2005. Instead, 15% fewer such babies were born during that time, representing a 49% difference between expected and observed rates. So, to make it into a "heroic" decision seems very anti-choice and vilifies the reason why testing during pregnancy occurs.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/w_ParentingResource/down-syndrome-births-drop-us-women-abort/story?id=8960803

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am pretty confident the baby will end up "fine" or without too many long lasting issues so I don't feel terribly invested in it.  I think RB is doing really well with the material and I wish she was given a bit more to do. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

But you get my point, that making EJ against it, makes it seem like there is something valorous about raising a baby with a genetic disorder.  As opposed to an actual discussion about giving birth to a child who would likely face intellectual, adaptive, and medical challenges, when it is unnecessary.  I disagree with the politics of this story. 

Edited by j swift