• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

@Vee I get your point, but, arguably, Paulina didn't know what EJ did when she appointed him as DA, while everyone in Port Charles knows that Anna was accused of treason when she was offered the job of Police Commissioner.  Not that two wrongs make a right, but there is more plausibility in EJ's case, even through the author of this story gets less respect.

Edited by j swift

• Members

In fairness, what GH often forgets lately is that Anna Devane was top cop in PC and a world-saving '80s hero for a long time well before any recent craziness. Her credibility as a heroic police chief and WSB agent in the '80s and early '90s goes much further than her dark '70s origins with the DVX, IMO. Unlike pit stop rapist E.J.!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Besides Lucas, I wonder who is left on the canvas that knows EJ raped Sami?

I don't think she ever pressed charges or even told her parents at the time.  As I recall, the incident was never referenced directly as sexual assault.  There was just a lot of watered down discussions about having to save Lucas, and feeling pressured, in order to imply ambiguity around consent.  This is clearly an example of a time when the audience was more astute than the scriptwriter.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Even though Leo got dumped and deserved it for the heartless human being he is.....the letter route was lame. Dimitri reasons made zero sense. GR acting during those scenes were bad. 

Overall the show wasn't bad and I enjoyed EJ new sidekick at work. Reminded me of Lucinda and Jane from ATWT

• Members
Posted (edited)

Still no sympathy for Leo and today didn’t help at all either. Idk if it was a writer/director choice or Greg Rikaart’s choice but playing it like a clown was the wrong decision. Kinda told me that there actually really was no love between him and Dimitri. 

I’m looking forward to tomorrow though. The cliffhanger today was good.

The Eric/Nicole scenes were good too but I still stand by what I said about how this should have been the story from the very beginning. There’s no reason why their scenes today and Sloan’s jealousy couldn’t have been pushed more during Holly’s coma. 

Glad Harris/Ava found the black book too. Maybe that means that that crap is finally done lol 

One of the many reasons why you don’t squeeze years worth of story into only 6 months. Or try to turn an evil villain into a cringey, campy, romantic lead.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Well, I suppose most of us would have difficulty believing in Leo's ability to feel, express or even receive love. I kinda don't blame them for not even trying to sell that bill of goods, not at this point, anyway. 

Absolutely. Sweeps serves its purpose! Baby Steal Reveal, come to me, mama!

Eric/Nicole scenes are always good. 

If I never ever hear the name Clyde again in any context, it will be totally acceptable to me.

• Members

I am pretty sure I recall Marlena referencing it years ago and Kate knows about at least from Lucas's perspective.  I think it's safe to think Kate/Roman and Marlena/John at least know about it.  I don't believe it was ever referred to as sexual assault on the show either.  Not because it wasn't, but because the show was trying to sell Sami/EJ.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is ironic that Nicole's first story is about the unhoused, considering that 75% of Salemites live in a hotel, or an ancestral home with twelve roommates.  Speaking of which, does Ava know she doesn't need to move now that Tripp and Wendy are off on an extended vacation?  Also, wasn't Nicole's first story about Paulina and the radiation?

Nicole looks amazing today, not work-appropriate for a journalist on the beat, but lovely.

Do we think when they drink a martini on DAYS it is just water and an olive?  If so, that's pretty vile.

Still no clue how Titan and Dimera are business rivals.  The focus of their businesses seem disparate.

Now, Rita's got a backstory at Dimera?  We know more about her than Stefan.

Maybe Salem Square is like a side-view mirror where things are bigger than they appear, because how do Eric and Nicole not notice Sloan or hear her say out loud that Eric is Jude's father?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Ha! You read my mind about Ava.  Wouldn't it just make a lot more sense for her and Harris to move into Wendy/Tripp's apartment than to live side by side upstairs at the Brady Pub?  I assume Ava just can't afford the apartment.

Has Rita appeared before this week?  I was wondering why this sassy assistant just suddenly made an appearance and has a whole lifetime of experience with EJ.

Sloan was about 5 feet away from Eric/Nicole and they didn't notice her at all, so I am going to assume they couldn't hear her either.  But Sloan yelling that in a public Town Square was not smart.  Perhaps we are supposed to think Eric/Nicole's love was just too all consuming to notice space, people, time, etc.

• Members

I’m still waiting for the day that they do a storyline where Johnny finds out the truth about his conception. 

Then the guy needs some serious direction

Please register in order to view this content

Well, we know who’s fault that is