• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that was Frank Valentini's doing.  That man really doesn't know what to do with writing that's NOT plot-driven, campy and utterly devoid of wit or intelligence.  He's truly what happens when you let a general manager at a Red Lobster produce a soap opera.

Edited by Khan
I forgot the "not."

• Members

Without calling them Mason and Julia, those scenes with Lane and Nancy should have been written las if they were playing Mason and Julia. Who would care at this point?

What was great about them was the bickering and how they'd get under each other's skin. There was a little of that the first day, but not enough!!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please register in order to view this content

Love me some RL. I hope the one here doesn't get shut down.

Walmart has sold them for years. The mix or frozen type.

As for the show it wasn't half bad. It kept me entertained.

I think they let PM go a bit too soon. They should've kept him a bit longer and cut Korte as his Co HW.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

From what we've always heard from cast and crew he is on-set nonstop and very particular about what he wants moment to moment. The former is very admirable for an EP, the latter can be a problem in the wrong conditions or with the wrong tastes.

• Members
Posted (edited)

And Frank Valentini's tastes are as wrong as...well...as wrong as serving year-round Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster.

(I apologize, but the RL analogies just fit!)

That definitely goes without saying!

If CBSD hadn't picked up THE GATES*, then I would have campaigned hard for Michele Val Jean to come back to GH as PM's co-head writer.

(*Which will totally save this genre, God willing!)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thanks. I knew about it in boxes, but not frozen.

Yes, I do believe you are right, at least about letting PM go, if in fact they did, as opposed to if Patrick walked, in which case I suppose they made it intolerable for him. 

But, about Korte, well, I think she is invaluable as a member of the team, including being show historian & script doctor rolled into one. I am NOT defending her specifically as co-HW & I think she is far too much in Frank's pocket to do what I want to see a *-HW do!!!