• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think it would make a difference. I remember some fans used to send death threats out to actors during the Liz/Jason/Sam years. 

And of course Laura got those types of threats when she was at GL.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's a very loud, very deranged minority position. 

And, the new photos have "inspired" a new graphical bashing of LW. Bless her heart. She just shrugs it off & keeps going. I hate it for her.

I feel sure he is not going to wake up. The previews say that someone supports Tracy. So I figure she takes it hard.

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

Well-deserved truthbombs.

Ahhh Kate 2.0...already forgettable for me.

Tbf I was focused on Liz and Ewen at that time. Sorry that went sideways quick. But...that's Elizabeth for you.

Thank you for the tea. I know KMc was growing to focus more on her direction, but that she felt a way about that plot point. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't agree at all that Laura is not prominent these last few years - she is mayor and has been central in a ton of key story in the last few years, shockingly so. We all (and by all I mean virtually everyone in this conversation) discussed it that positive evolution for her prominence just last year during the February sweeps period as one of the few consistent bright spots of the show in recent years. It's only the last few months she's been on a lot less. I find her pairing with Kevin boring as hell myself but it's been reasonably popular.

Edited by Vee

• Members

She's been around, helped by Spencer's presence, but I do think the core of the character has not been there in a very long time - probably since that fateful maternity leave (not that I am blaming a maternity leave, more how the whole thing ended up playing out backstage, allegedly).

• Members

That all being said, they have still leaned heavily on Laura's new role as mayor to make her a major and active part of a ton of canvas-wide story happening all across the canvas, almost like she's a police chief. Not just in one sweeps period, but for years. That and the heavy use of the vets like Kevin, Mac, Felicia, etc. in recent years are the things I can consistently credit the last tiresome decade for getting right.

• Members

Truthfully, the OG female vet that has stayed consistently in story is Anna. She has had a new relationship or a story about her or her past consistently. Genie has been in and out of that since her return. I think her family being mostly gone hinders what she does best, which is emotional material. But truthfully, she was pretty centered until Spencer died and Nikolas was written out.

• Members

For me it was the year after Lucky died. She has even said they just flat out gave up writing for her after she wallowed in misery for months, which was realistic for Laura at that point but like everything Guza did, he didn’t have a way back from the edge. They wanted to keep stretching out Luke and Laura reuniting, so they did the Felicia story and Luke looking for Lucky without telling her.

I know others don’t agree, but I felt the show was not very good all around in 1999 through the end of Wendy’s tenure. I thought there were several forgettable and miscast characters- JY’s Lucky, Nikolas, Jerry, Roy, Chloe, Juan and Hannah being many examples. Bobbie was sidelined twice by terrible pairings, Felicia was almost destroyed, and when Sonny came back he ate the show up in a way he hadn’t before. Then they paired him with Carly.

• Members

Carly and Sonny were the highlight of the episode for me. LW and MB’s best chemistry is when they are talking each other off the brink or tearing each others heads off

Kristina is just too damn grown and too experienced in the toxicity of Sonny for this reaction to ring true for me. I wish they linked it to her abuse trauma from Kiefer instead of making her look like so clueless and naive. Good performance from Mansi though.

I think Michael Easton did some good acting as well in those Finn and Gregory scenes. The montage caught me off guard, is Greg dead? i certainly hope he is.

This wedding was a total snoozefest BTW, woof. Changes are necessary.

• Members

Oh I've already said a few too many times lately how dull the show was for me in 99/00. I stopped watching regularly around that point.

I have to admit I did like Jerry.

The Lucky "death" makes sense as well. I mostly remember her being put into that dull, dull pairing with Stefan that you could tell no one at the show gave a damn about.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Whoever said GH was trying to sell Chase and BLQ's nuptials as The Wedding of the Century was bang-on, lol.

I'm sure JS and AS are lovely people IRL, but as I've said before, there is nothing about the characters they play, especially in regards to romantic or sexual chemistry (or lack thereof), that makes them interesting to me.  Foster and Annabelle had more "heat" than Chase and BLQ, and that is just so wrong on so many levels!

Edited by Khan