• Members

One thing's for sure: I don't buy the story that Dex told Sonny about his life once upon a time.  He might be telling the truth about his military service overseas and why he was dishonorably discharged, but the other stuff, especially about his family, seems like something he manufactured in order to get in good with Sonny.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Weirdly, I can understand why Jason would be so ride or die for Sonny.   Sonny showed Jason a whole new world and respected and liked new/brain damaged Jason when everyone was pressuring Jason to be Jason Q.  He gave him a job and helped him to get out of the Q's fold entirely.   I mean, it obviously was a very dangerous and risky world, but I can see why Jason has twisted loyalty to Sonny.

Carly had sex with Jason a few times and showed up at his a door with a baby he knew wasn't his and that explains a lifetime of loyalty?  I know they really, really like one another but I can't really think of anything that Carly has done that has actually helped Jason.

The show probably has no idea where to go with Dex so keeping the family stuff in the back pocket can make him tied to someone on the show if necessary.

I feel like it's the same sort of trick they did with Dev until the show decided he was useless.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Cuz Nina isn't a foolish choice.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, I think it has been there actually. At least before he started to sleep with Nina, Drew definitely showed some hints of that resentment. Everyone else was hearing about Jason return and Drew would be quick to change the subject. Wagger paid him a visit to remind him of what Drew could lose if he gets entangled with Jason, and Drew made his feelings clear to Wagger how he felt about Jason was another time he showed his resentment over the return. Jason's hearing where it was all over his face. I feel like he even discussed it with Jordan. Then again, typing all that out...I guess it could be more. Nina/Drew is just a good (and hot) distraction for me I guess. But scruffy Drew IS the best Drew. 

5-6

And what was I just saying about investment. I'm liking the whole Dante-centricness of this episode. From talking to Sam (who got to express how she's thinking which I liked) to him heading to Anna. Under the other writing team, I had been wondering if Dante/Sonny being so close (and I talk all the time about how I love that) and grew closer would someday result in a conflict of interest for Dante. And OMG...THAT DAY HAS COME!!! Under better writers, too. And I feel invested because the groundwork has been done for me. Dante smacked that badge down on the desk and I gasped. I'm talking to my tv. I mean...when I think Dante, I think COP. It's such a part of his identity that where would he go if he left. Anna trying to talk him out of it has been superb. I hope that this is a sign that the writers are invested in Dante and this leads to more story for him. Perhaps in the form of a former wife of his that is off canvas...?

Kristina did what now? Uh oh. I like this (not unexpected) wrinkle in the Kristina surrogacy storyline. At least she did it around Alexis. And it's great to see Alexis talking it out with Diane.

Blaze has a brother? Hmmm. That said...I have liked Sonny/Natalia so far. But she might want to watch out for Ava. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members
Posted (edited)

Look at the bright side: if Ava drives a wedge between Sonny and Natalia, then Natalia can fall back on her other jobs: momaging her daughter's "trailblazing" music career, and tending to crime scenes in her push-up bra.*

(*IYKYK)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Isn't it interesting how you have two mysterious young men with similar-sounding names, save for one letter, both becoming Sonny's ward, and both ending up falling in love with Joss?

Trust me: compared to Heather "My Hip Made Me Do It!" Webber, Nina Corinthos looks perfectly rational.

• Members

It's strange and I always wondered what the plan was for Dev-and, no, I don't believe he was Alec or a Sonny/Brenda long lost kid because Brenda wouldn't keep losing track of her children-hopefully.  I thought maybe he might turn out to be gay/bi possibly.  Idk.  I think MB really pushed for the kid and convinced them to hire the Dev actor long term.

Dex was hired to do Jason-y mob stuff while Jason was gone and to give Joss a love interest because Will Lipton was leaving.   I think it's possible that it was to move Joss into a more adult role as well.   I don't think it's much more deep than that, but watch he turns out to be Robert and Holly's son or something.

• Members

I think I'd go in a different direction with Dex.  He says he comes from a (dysfunctional) family with two older, abusive brothers, and that he enlisted to get away from them.  But - and I haven't been watching again for very long, so I'm not 100% sure whether this would work - I would reveal that he is, in fact, an only child, who grew up in wealth and privilege, but who rejected that lifestyle when he became "of age" and struck out on his own.  You could even tie him and his family in with the Q's, saying, for example, that Tracy knew Dex's grandmother in finishing school or something.

• Members

I think you could go in a lot of different directions with Dex.  He is mostly a blank slate.  At this point I am not sure the actor or character is worth it.  I think he looks way too much like Michael and reminds me a lot of one of Maxie or Lulu's boyfriends from the mid 2000's.

• Members

Thank you.  I thought it was just me, but if someone told me he was Logan or Cooper Barrett or some other rando Maxie bf that tragically died I would buy it.

I also have a huge problem wanting to call Joss Lulu all the time.  For some reason Joss reminds me so much of early smug Lulu.  That might be a me problem, but Eden McCoy just looks like JMB to me.  But I can't tell the new Aiden from the old Aiden apart so who knows?

Please register in order to view this content