• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Nielsen still tracks sweeps periods as it is the one that sets the dates, but the networks don't care about it outside of ensuring more original programming airs within those months (November, February, May). Other than that, sweeps months remain important for local stations as those months still determine their future ad rates. Programming that emphasizes the importance of sweeps on local stations includes local programming (news, information, etc.) and syndicated fare like talk shows and game shows. More importantly, only local stations monitor the lesser known July sweeps month, which is odd considering most syndicated programs are in reruns. To a lesser extent, and somewhat contradictory to what I said above, broadcast shows such as The View and The Talk traditionally air originals in July because of the sweeps period. By earlier August, they typically head into reruns.

As for Peacock, they do not give a damn about sweeps and neither does any other streamer. They are, however, tracked by Nielsen in terms of viewership figures so they can claim bragging rights when the right show hits or outperforms expectations.

• Members

I think NLG is pretty funny in general.  She just makes idiotic comments online, but I think she'd be fun to have a glass of wine with. 

Anyway, I am late to the party and a bit off topic on the thread, but new Aiden looks exactly like old Aiden and if I hadn't read they changed actors on here I would have no idea.

Joss wanting to be a Dr. never really worked for me so I don't mind her changing career paths.  I do find it strange pretty much everyone on the show is changing careers.

Lois becoming a Deception spokesmodel is another interesting choice.  She has more life to her than both Sasha/Brook Lynn combined so I guess that's fair enough.  I really hate how they are writing Lucy in this though.

I am a little torn on the Sonny stuff right now.  I feel like it's become obvious how strange he and Ava are both acting and it was subtle before.  Carly rifling through Sonny's drawers to see the medicine was funny.  Never change, Carly!  GH is really getting their moneys worth on that bathroom set lol.

• Members

Joss as a doctor also never made sense to me at all (and seemed an obvious attempt to inject her into what is still often the center of action) so I am happy with that changing. I don't necessarily have a problem with Lois at Deception but I'd like them to reference her music situation.

Lucy disrespect is just a thing this show has done for years now. I would very much like it to change but I'm fairly numb to it at present.

• Members

Yes Nancy is very irritating online, comes off as self riteous.

Since there was talk about where they are going to eventually put Jason romantically,since Frank likes being back post charachters I'd like a follow up on Keesha.

The actress had some legal trouble a while back I wonder if she's overcome that now.

Their pairing ended abruptly after his personality switch, during which time he was very nasty to her. Repairing the Keesha bond, otherwise Brenda or Elizabeth. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Joss never seemed intelligent enough to pursue such a demanding job.  Joss has just never mentioned a single concern about her career path until yesterday. Anyhow, I wonder if they are going to move away from the whole college side of the story since Trina dropped out? as well.  

I *like* Lois at Deception and don't mind it.  It's just another one of those things where it doesn't make a ton of sense.  Because what exactly is Blaze doing if she's not to promotion?  Just print ads?  If Deception makes so much money from promotion and QVC or whatever the show is called they should probably hire one person to fit all those needs.

I'll be honest.  They still look like the same teenage boy to me even side by side. Lol

Edited by carolineg

• Members

So, if we figure that they're going to do a 'gay teen being bullied' story & they realized they needed someone with more acting chops, then, this look-a-like-ness is it brilliant casting or just too weird for words?! If we only knew whether this came from Mark Teschner or from Frank! 

• Members

I think Trina out of school is just a temporary drama thing re: her grief, or it really should be. Unless she ends up the Face of Deception or something, which is an obvious choice IMO.

I don't dislike Trina and Joss' whole dorm/college thing but they need more people to play off of. Not Dex.

• Members

Another situation where you need Tracy's peculiar brand of snark to say what the audience is thinking.

I'd love to know why Enzo was replaced.  Was his performance during those fight scenes really that bad, lol?

• Members

He was that bad everyday! Just grinning his way through every scene because he's happy to be on the teevee. We're probably gonna need a third.

• Members

General Hospital, the show that became known for 

casting, recasting, recasting again, recasting just one more time ... 

4 actors in search of salary, benefits, union card & finally, the chance to spill your guts on State Of Mind! 

• Administrator

I've noticed that the continuation from episode to episode isn't really good.  There's rarely any episodes where the last scene of an episode is continued in the next one.  Also, whenever an episode an ends, I usually go, "That's it?"  Because the scene is so lackluster, I just expect there's going to be another act but there's isn't.  The last four weeks haven't been good.  Hopefully May will be better.  If not, sometimes people aren't meant to be HWs - they're better as staff writers.