GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I like Maura West, but I really wish they would have given her a real character to play from the get go, not some caricature that should have been gone over a decade ago. Unfortunately, the writers haven't been able to craft new, real characters for this show going on 15 years now (Dante the last one?).

Edited by Jdee43

• Members
Posted (edited)

If an actor should leave it's MB. 

He was atrocious today. Does he think stuttering and yelling all his lines as acting?

Even Steve Burton was better than him today.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Well, tbh, I would probably watch that 

Please register in order to view this content

I could write a multi-page essay on the decline of MB's acting since he started in 1993.  I don't even know what he's doing and haven't for years.   I wouldn't mind if Sonny took a nice long break to Rome or anything, but I would ditch so many more characters before Sonny even if I do think he's played out.

• Members

He has been terrible for a long time. If I was a younger actor watching him, and he tried that mentoring crap he always does on me I would decline. Intensity is not great acting. He used to be pretty good, and his disdain for not being celebrated outside daytime really shows onscreen.

At his hammy worst, I would take Tony Geary over Maurice any day now, and I was sick of him when he left. But at least he had a sense of fun and scene partners that loved working with him because it was fun to do so. Maurice strikes me as someone that offers acting advice while he himself is tanking the scene with terrible acting.

• Members

I really don't disagree with anything you are saying.  It's on point.  I have always found it weird that actors go out of their way to compliment MB all these years later.  He was absolutely dynamic in the beginning of his run, but hasn't been good in years.  It always looks like he searching for the cue cards in his scenes.    I personally think MB is coasting on past popularity, but year after year young actors come out and praise him.  It could be towing the company line, but everyone seems to just like MB.

• Members

I complain about Maurice every chance I get. So I'm here to do it again! He's embarrassing and it's baffling that he's the face of GH and allowed to be as lazy as he is. Even Eric Braeden tries. Mo has glimmers of ability and brightens up with actors he likes but for everything else it's like muscle memory kicks in and he just coasts. When Steve Burton is more alive than you in a scene there's a problem.

I've said it before and I'll say it again blondes shouldn't date each other. Carly and Jagger look like a hate crime.

• Members

The character of Sonny isn't challenging to anyone.  I am a 40 year old white woman and am pretty convinced I could play Sonny with more depth than MB

Please register in order to view this content

.   I actually don't think it's all MB's fault although I do think he's lazy and doing this to pay off mortgages and college funds.  The writers pretty much give him the same thing to do regardless of regime.  I don't know if that's MB pushing for stories he likes or just writers not knowing where to go with the character though.