BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can wait to see the character career set up. Black folks living behind the gates nowadays could get you a doctor, a preacher, musician, a social media influencer, a straight up scammer etc. They definitely should have a family who live right outside of the gates too trying to infiltrate.

• Members

Also, we don’t need to see religion play out extensively onscreen but I wouldn’t mind seeing family members enter the house after church, dressed in Sunday best getting ready for an elaborately prepared Sunday dinner. Who is invited, who is not, the “the Upstairs/Downstairs aspect with the machinations and conversations going on between the cook and housekeeping staff, could be an interesting view not portrayed in an American daytime soap opera before. It doesn’t need to be a regular thing but maybe an episode around Easter time etc.

• Members
Posted (edited)

They're twins.  Demarco is a doctor, and Demetrius is a bouncer.  And Deniece, their kid sister, is following in their dad, Desmond's, footsteps by going to law school.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Not that they'd ever let the show get this complex, but, I've always thought B&B had the potential to explore the Upstairs/Downstairs aspect with Forrester Creations. You'd have all the execs and creatives "upstairs" and all the lower-income, not so glamourous underlings in the basement where Thorne once worked. Of course, there would be the classic character trying to claw their way up. Sigh. But, instead we just get constant conversations about mints, toes, and dialogue that goes in circles and has an amount of depth that even my betta fish could follow the show.