BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

I think there’s a lot of classic television that still airs/streams to enjoy it back in its respective era but this new soap is a chance to break new ground and offer some fresh characterizations and a fresh  perspective.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Chardonnay and Lexus as this show's dynamic young black super couple.

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously though, I kinda like the name Lexus as a dude. Reminds me of some stylishly dressed and charismatic dude with a touch of class slowly building his fortune as an entrepreneur. I can envision a character such as him.

• Members

PREACH!!

Demarco and Demetrius is one thing, but when you start having names like Synclavion or Telekeshia....

I will never forgive Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman for introducing on "Sisters" a black, male drag queen with the drag name "Chardonnay LeBlanc."  I mean, you barely have any actors of color on your show, even as extras; and when you do finally give us one, that's who and what you come up with??

• Members

They need BLACK stylists on this show. Point. Blank. Period. Furthermore, I hope the styles are eclectic to match our community and constantly changing. That's one thing that annoys me with TV shows across the spectrum--they don't reflect Black women at all. My mom's hair might be in a short bob one month but will be in some braids the next. It needs to reflect that. 

Question--do you all want the show to be kitchen sink with everyone being middle class, a melange of have/have nots, or simply upwardly mobile characters? 

• Members

Definitely not mega wealthy characters, but some well to do and others striving to move up. A mix of relatable characters whose lifestyles can be depicted realistically within the budget of a daytime show.

And if there are businesses, again something specific that can be utilized if needed-not one of those vague corporations.

• Members

I am bored to death with super rich characters, Dynasty was cancelled in 1989. I love having middle class people on soaps, someone very ambitious who wants to enter a (not crazy) rich person's world, people who careers, goals and dreams. I don't get why daytime is still obsessed with tycoons and billionaires. Primetime has more or less given up on them in decades.