GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ohhh, I wouldn't go that far.

Laura's hottest chemistry on other shows was with Ted King and David Andrew Macdonald, and she was sizzling with Sean Kanan and did good work with Ingo and Roger Howarth. But they'll never put Carly with Lorenzo Alcazar again and it's unlikely to happen with twice-dead A.J. I don't think she's got anti-chemistry, but her options for years have been poor. Of course if it was me I'd just bring back Sarah, as much as I think LW has done a fine job and gives 200% everyday. But that's almost certainly never going to happen.

I do think she had real chemistry with Sean Blakemore, but the show backed off that real quick when they realized Shawn was yes, a dark-skinned Black man.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, Dylan Cash didn't turn out too bad.  I always thought he was a goofy looking kid.  He looks sort of handsome in that pic with TB.  He's just quite short to say the least lol.

IMO, Laura's best chemistry was always with Ingo.   I saw chemistry there with Sean Blakemore and I think I do see some with Wagger.  The Johnny/Carly romance was so random? strange?  I can't really recall much about it.  Overall, I don't actually think it's a LW problem, but who the show pairs her with problem.

• Members

I just remember DC's Michael being a creepy little troll, I'm sorry lol. I remember every forum except the hardcore S&C zones roasting him day after day. The show clearly thought he was some adorable, precocious little actor but he was just smarmy and bad and came off like a little perv to me. I'm sorry, he just did! There were rumors he also was a little shít IRL but who knows if people were projecting Michael's bad behavior onto him.

Their brief attempt at making him a lifer like Kimberly McCullough did not end well. Remember the nadir year of 2005 when they gave him that summer story with Jodie the imaginary friend? Dylan Cash just talking to thin air? I will give him this, near the end of his run he summoned up some actual emotion (I think when Leticia the nanny got killed and he demanded Sonny find the gunmen and execute them) but he was still never going to be ready for primetime.

• Members

OOh.. I totally forgot about SK's AJ.  Super hot chemistry.  I liked her and RH too.  I never felt a strong vibe from her and Ted King on GH, but the show definitely wasn't trying to go there.

I heard he was obnoxious af in real life too.  I remember him being pretty hated by the audience online at least as well.

I do not remember this Jodie story and am glad I don't.  For some reason I just remember DC's Michael being shouty and bratty all the time.  So I mean, the show kept that thread going with Michael lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It had to do with his psychological trauma over 'killing' A.J. I seem to recall them promoting it heavily, with either Guza or JFP saying this storyline would prove Dylan is a 'real actor' ready to carry story and that the equally wooden kid playing Jodie would continue on in some new role afterwards. Did not happen! They junked so much of the disastrous storylines from that insane year, which led to the revamp with Kimberly, JT, Laura, etc. and the renewed focus on the hospital.

DC was usually pretty monotone and smug onscreen. It wasn't til later he developed any basic vocal pitch, just in time to take a bullet to the head.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Ooof.  It's sounds awful.  The AJ stuff was terrible.

Was DC monotone?  I just remember him being pouty and yelling about something and flailing out of the room.  That's probably not Dylan Cash's career "highlights", but that's my memory of him.  I get the fact they choose a kid with red hair because of Bobbie.  He just looked nothing like Carly and AJ.  And much like Violet, GH and I have very different opinions on 'cute, precocious' kids*

*Except for Donna, my fave GH child

He did seem a bit homicidal even as a child lol

• Members

Oh, I would! He just had those awkward years a lot of us had, or still have, LOL!

Wright has fantastic chemistry with Ted King; it's a shame by the time she joined General Hospital they were kind of done with that pairing. And while she had nice chemistry with David Andrew Macdonald's Edmund on Guiding Light, I hated that pairing. I low key hoped when Bradley Cole was on General Hospital they could've tried re-pairing him with Wright, even for a one-night stand. Or even when Nancy Lee Grahn. A lot of those late 2000's/early 2010's stunt hires didn't last too long (ie: Cole & Martha Byrne's Andrea Floyd). Kanan & Wright had explosive chemistry, and was wasted by piss poor writing, and a clear vendetta against Kanan, ultimately leading to his exit.

Honestly, Blakemore's time with Wright took away from a potential pairing with Nancy Lee Grahn's Alexis, which I think would have better suited both actors.

Some of us are! I mean, I'm only 5' 4", so... hahah.

Yup; it's just a shame he turned out the way he has, because the chemistry was FIRE! Like, absolute fire! I just wish they'd focus on pairing Wright's Carly with someone worth her while. The teased romantic pairing of Wright's Carly with William deVry's Julian Jerome (as Derek) was exciting to me, too, and imagine the chaos of Ava vs. Carly if that had happened more? Woof. Plus, Carly was briefly paired with Steven Webber (then Shaun Benson).

• Members

Haha!  I have the opposite problem.  I am 5'9" and obviously a girl so people always comment on how tall I am.  I wish I were shorter!

I don't think Carly/Jax can even touch the chemistry that Jax/Brenda had, but it was a good pairing.  Ugh, Ingo....

I think because LW has such poor chemistry with MB and SBu the show just actively works against anyone else Laura could be paired with because if she has a popular pairing with someone else what is Sonny going to do at the end of the day?  Find Brenda is the obvious answer, but let's be real.  Sonny needs Carly more than Carly needs Sonny.

I still stand by my statement that SBu does a reasonable job with romantic pairings and could find a new pairing that would work.

• Members

What I wonder is what is going to be the fan response if there are no romantic pairings for either Carly or Jason at least in the near future. Later on, sure. But I really wonder if we're not going to see them both single for awhile? And, then, do I dare think that Sonny might also be a solo for awhile? 

• Members

Early board culture was so toxic, I hope we've evolved past those times

I was thinking about @Vee's Ava theory.  Did we ever learn who bought Wyndemere?  Do you think that will be a loose thread, lost between writing staffs, or could that be part of Ava's plan? For example, is it how she is funding her plot, or did those who purchased the castle have anything to do with John and Jason?