DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Toups, THANK YOU for this. Honestly, I've been dumbfounded by the complaints about other posters.

When someone disagrees with us, I don't think going scorched earth on that person -- demanding s(he) be suspended or banned or whatever -- makes any sense at all. No one made vile/dangerous/insulting comments here, and I just don't understand the discussion at all.

Then we got people complaining they had to see that person when he was quoted. I mean, GMAB. Just scroll on and ignore.

I hesitated posting this, because I don't want to make this any bigger than it is, but I want you and Errol to know that you do a good job moderating here. In the past, I've been told to dial it back, and I have no problem with that. I think you both did absolutely the right thing in doing nothing to the "aggravating poster."

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Looks like a hard pass for me.

I thought Wednesday show was the best I've seen in ages. It was very well done.

Yesterday show started slow but improved as it went. I am tired of seeing Tripp kidnapped for the millionth time. It's become repetitive and boring. The cops being the villains was rushed and badly set up. The scab writers didn't have much time to pace this story but the execution comes off sloppy and cheap to me.

Oh and it was great to see Tate again!!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Exactly, and now Maggie's even propping Marlena up by appearing in scenes with her.

Please register in order to view this content

God bless our Maggie!

It's funnier than the proclamations that viewers who enjoy the Hortons are "just jealous of Marlena."

Next we will hear that the Emmy-award-winning actress can't act!

• Members

Lol!  It's almost like Marlena and Maggie can't exist on the same canvas.  Except they have on separate sides for years and years.  I have never once thought Maggie was stealing Marlena's airtime or vice versa.  They fill two different roles.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yes.

Mary Matthews and Ada Downs existed side by side without issue on AW, as did Alice Matthews, Pat Randolph and Lenore Curtin on the same show.

Lorie, Leslie, and Chris Brooks all managed to shine and be showcased during their shared time together on Y&R.

Viki Riley, Carla Gray, Pat Kendall and Karen Wolek all had their moments in the spotlight during a shared era on OLTL.

There's no competition among characters co-existing on the canvas at the same time, except in the minds over overheated fanbases.

To me, the MORE popular actresses on a soap at the same time, the better for the show.

DAYS was on fire when Susan Flannery, Denise Alexander and Susan Seaforth graced the show together.

• Members
  • You agree, through your continued use of this website, that you will not use the Soap Opera Network Community to post any material(s) which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

• Members

It's going to take a bit to get me back; I've have a long-term, on-going love/hate relationship with Days of Our Lives. The behind-the-scenes drama has left a real sour taste in my mouth, and supporting the soap by watching feels like I'm double-timing, and I hate that feeling... especially since I no longer feel positively about the promotion of Janet Drucker-Spellman.

• Members

I don't think we've talked enough about this. I really thought we'd see more changes / hear about more changes by now. Instead, it feels and looks like business as usual. The POS is out of the building but nothing else has changed, and no one's supposed to mention it.