DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

While it's not exactly high praise, the fire at the Horton House has proven to be a crafty tactic for the scabs to keep the show afloat during the strike. The sporadic use of flashbacks this week was less grating compared to Theresa's excessive flashbacks last week, which made me feel like I was watching an episode of Quantum Leap. It serves as a decent diversion from advancing the more significant plotlines, such as the ongoing investigation, and fulfills my perennial wish for DAYS by bringing together characters who seldom interact.

On a different note, I'm bothered by the convenient connections the "good guys" like Steve, John, and others always seem to have in law enforcement, who can effortlessly conduct background checks. Firstly, it would have been more plausible if Steve had simply performed an internet search on Bobby's background. Secondly, it's perplexing why law enforcement agencies would send Steve physical copies of records unless it's just for show on a TV program. And thirdly, it's questionable how the police would obtain a regular citizen's birth certificate if it wasn't used as evidence in a criminal trial. Moreover, I'm more disturbed by Jada using Salem PD resources to investigate her ex-husband than by her kissing a co-worker. I hope Chad's paper publishes that story.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Look, I'm not going to do anything about people having stupid opinions.  It's up to you guys to not reply/talk to posters who aggravate you.  As I read the last 8 pages or so, I just kept saying to myself, "STOP REPLYING!!"  LOL.   Also, if you want to reply to someone, you don't have to quote them.  You can use: @[their name].   You can do that so people won't see the post of someone they put on ignore. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Our Ignoring posters or not quoting them doesn't stop a bad actor from continuing to relentlessly attack or ridicule anyone who disagrees with them about anything from Marlena to who Suzanne Rogers fúcked 20 years ago to the Hortons, or telling people that if they critique Jim Reilly's writing they shouldn't be allowed in threads about his shows. When they continue on the attack then it becomes your problem, not ours.

I really don't care if you give me warning points for the first time since the Obama administration; I'm probably overdue. Like I said a few posts ago, I don't have a problem taking a hit for my behavior in return for better oversight. But the responsibility here is not entirely on the posting community to just tolerate and avoid new people who come here on their worst behavior. 

• Administrator

Sometimes the onus is on you guys to not take the bait.  All you have to do is report things and then @Errol or I will judge if something needs to be done.   Just let people have their dumb opinions and ignore them and move on.  Errol and I do talk to people behind the scenes.  Sometimes you think we're not doing anything, but that's not true.   Sometimes we "need to build a case" or "find evidence."   If people don't like the way things are done here, there are other message boards.  Heck, go create one and run things YOUR WAY. 

• Members

Ugghhh Clyde and Konstantin in the same episode. Way too much annoying old douche for one day. 

As much as I hate Clyde, I was pretty interested in the reveal that we got today. It was a nice surprise and I actually didn’t see it coming. And it does kind of lead to more proof that Days doesn’t need these fake ass Stefano and Victor-like supervillains when they already have characters on the canvas that can be the villain. Plus, it saves the show money lol 

I do like how messy this is all getting and that it’s involving so many characters. The effects of all this could play out for a long time and I’d like to see that.

Ava and Harris were really sweet today too. And how that Harris is waking up, I wonder what’s gonna happen. 

• Members

OH, groan, so much Clyde & so much Konstantin. In taking notes as I watch I got to the point of writing just K and blah blah blah. Too much of each of them! 

But I do like the complications. 

I actually thought it was endearing that Ava was like the prince waking up a princess, with a kiss. Then, of course, it was Rafe's turn & he did it by hollering at Harris! Rafe can have the most ordinary thing to do & it seems funny to me. He cajoles & then raises his voice, "Come on, Harris, open your eyes!" And, he does. Just like that. And, Harris looked the whole time like he was sleeping, not unconscious. 

No way, no how, no idea that they had that in them!!!

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
hide gender

• Members

I hope the actor that plays Konstantin does not speak like that in real life.  That's a ridiculous accent.

So, uh, are we supposed to believe that the police think Brandon Barash and Paul Telfer are anywhere near the same height or size?  Lol, Rafe.

• Members

It's the same problem I have (or had) with Michael E. Knight on GH: an actor whom I actually enjoy watching, choosing an accent for their character that leaves me feeling absolutely puzzled, lol.

• Members

Especially when Martin's accent isn't necessary or adding anything to the character.

Konstantin is supposed to speak English as a second language, but dial it in.  Victor had basically the same upbringing as Konstantin (or so we are to believe) and he didn't have an accent at all.

• Members

Then you'd think he'd particularly sensitive to portraying the accent accurately.  Tbh, it doesn't always sound ridiculous, but today it did.  Oh, well.  I don't really like added accents in general unless they are necessary.  I suppose this is probably necessary, but if they dropped Konstantin's accent like they dropped Mac's from GH I wouldn't mind.