GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's a very slippery slope on the KS stuff.  If she loses a bunch of weight now it's going to be out there that she is taking weight loss drugs instead of getting actually healthy.  The mental health issues tied to her weight (from rumors so..) are much more serious than her actual weight.  No one really cares Maxie isn't rail thin.  If the poor girl can't figure out what to wear and is having panic attacks that's a real problem.  I just feel like people at GH should care a little bit more about Kirsten Storms than having a thin Maxie, who is useless anyway.

• Members

It's one thing to discuss the situation with Kirsten we've all seen onscreen and heard tell about for years openly, which we have done before on here over the years. It's another to do an alleged minute by minute blow-by-blow of the (quoted) 'good news' that she might be on Ozempic. That is crass to me. And furthermore, it's not like anyone who doesn't glance at GH twitter doesn't know that most of what some folks are gleaning these days is stuff they simply pick up or postulate from discussions on social media and then proudly tout as scoop. I've had no problem in the past being blunt about KS' obvious issues onscreen in these threads, but there's stuff BTS at soaps I have not discussed publicly because I either can't source it or just plain don't think it's appropriate to discuss or fair to the subject in question. It's really not that necessary to still be perceived as being 'in the know.' No one will be impressed by it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Okay.  But at what point do you just see this woman is struggling and might need a break?  I am not in KS's head and don't know her at all, but I doubt her weight gain is about her inability to stop eating.  It's a mental health issue and glorifying her taking weight loss pills to get thin isn't solving anything.  I'll get off my soapbox now.

• Members

Donna, I'm again in the minority here, but I have no problem with your sharing the news of Kirsten Storms possibly taking Ozempic.

Your post was positive and empathetic, and wasn't salacious or gossipy at all. You focused on KS's happiness. I don't see anything wrong with what you said or that you posted. If we shut down posts like yours, most of social media has to be shut down.

KS is a public figure. That means she lives by the media and dies by the media. That's just life. The fact is, Storms gets mostly sympathy for her troubles, medical and emotional, and many media figures don't. This board has been kind to her, and you are included in that group.

So yeah, you have a right to share that information without judgment that you're somehow violating some moral code. You said nothing wrong.

• Members

I personally felt uncomfortable about this particular thing mentioned in this particular way, and I bluntly said so.

But it was not my intent to make a generalized statement about what should or should not be posted here.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't think there is any ill intent here with talking about Kirsten Storms and her weight loss.  I just think we are missing a larger problem.  If KS is thin and taking Ozempic everything is good right?  You don't physically see a problem on screen, but in general it's just a band aid on bigger issues.  

• Members

It's gross that we're even weighing in on this (and I'm not blaming caroline, to be clear). Discussing Kirsten's obvious past issues and whether she's doing well enough to still be on contract with the show is one thing. Debating the merits or pitfalls of her supposed Ozempic intake on a daily basis and trying to gauge it onscreen from tape to air is another.

I don't personally have a burning need to be at the center of every conversation in every single thread on the board that I will just float saying literally anything about a person to pull focus to myself. It's not worth it to me.

Edited by Vee