GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Let me see if I can recreate it.

Drew after years of torture:

Please register in order to view this content

Drew after 3 months in prison:

It IS strange because Sonny and Nina haven't had a conversation about what happened since he found out. It's WEIRD.

Finn, Chase and Mount Rushmore are the three dullest male leads I've ever seen. A whole episode about Ben Franklin hiding something about his illness yet again? Go. To. Hell. This is BORING.

Laura and Anna, the mayor and commissioner of police, are besties with the local mob boss. How are we supposed to believe they're good at their jobs? This is bad writing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They legit recast Drew with Ryan Lavery. Its sad that Billy Miller will never play the role again but Cameron Mathison is not it. This is not the character I remember. GH might as well had just brought Ryan over from AMC bc that is who is onscreen. Thank god he is not with Sam. Poor Carly and her fans

• Members

I enjoyed yesterday's show & I liked some things I do not normally. For example, Michael's conversation with Sonny. Great, excellent, I couldn't believe my eyes - and ears. 

Also Willow didn't bother me either. I have nothing to say about Drewfus. 

Anna being installed as the New (Again) Commish & her reading I'mJohn the riot act, YESSS, double down on that! Please no more very sad Anna! 

Carly & BLQ teaming up in business, delightful! Also what BLQ said about Nina leaving Ned holding the bag when he had a head wound & couldn't even defend himself from the charges, false charges. 

I like that Lois is being dressed differently.

• Members

While I think Alley Mills deserved her Emmy for last year's work as Heather, I found her completely over the top in the scenes at Esme's graveside.

That was "Go for another Emmy, but this time on steroids." It was all too, too much.

• Members

Yeah, Joss cares so much about Spencer yet treated him horribly in the last year 

Please register in order to view this content

Can we please get Courtney Falk back? 

And, can somebody please get Zeke back to save Jordan from Brick? 

And, I still say they should reunite Maxie and Spinelli and have them go off together. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Nothing, so nice happy ending for both of them.  Win Win.

Btw, I hate Lois's outfit.  It's too far on the tacky end even for Lois.  Rena looks great, but I still don't get the vibe that anyone on GH currently "gets" Lois at all.

• Members

Friday's best scene was Sasha and Cody hanging out with Maxie and Spinelli. Spinelli is the only partner for Maxie that I can accept. Sasha and Cody are one of my favorite couples on the show. Will the new writers keep these two pairings? I fear that both couples might end up leaving town.

• Members

They have one scene a week that lasts five seconds since the reveal at the club. Nina tries to talk to him. Sonny says leave me alone. You can't get a read on him other than he was jealous to see Nina and Valentin sharing a drink at Charlie's. Ava brought up his reaction on the island. Sonny said the topic is off limits. Is he still wearing his ring? He backed off on divorce talk to Diane when she said "Let me get started on it" and asked Michael if he would turn on him again if he went back to her. I have no idea what the show is going for since 95% of his scenes are mob related in new year. Nina might get shot to force Sonny to her side (or vice versa) or this Michael and Dex secret will show him her lies weren't so bad. 

• Members

It just feels like a strange writing choice.  Sonny is talking to everyone else about his relationship with Nina instead of just talking to Nina.  It just seems like the show is missing out on an oppurtunity for drama between them by just having them co-exist and not fight or anything.

• Members

It seems like the show has really cooled on the Molly/TJ/Kristina surrogacy story, so I guess Kristina/Blaze suffer.

It makes me wonder if the show is just moving on from the Sonny/Nina romance entirely.  We get to hear enough about Willow and Michael's feelings, but Nina seems much more concerned about Crimson.  Which is fine.   I just find it a very perplexing choice.

• Members

The Sonny/Nina thing is indicative of the issues the whole show has. It’s too genial, safe, and lacks stakes. The characters are all too nice. Even Cary and Drew’s crime was boring that the angst is based on!

Some quick thoughts- when Sonny is angry with a partner, especially if betrayal is on the table, he is pretty much abusive in his treatment of them. That’s the real Sonny. That’s what is missing with Nina.

Carly and Sonny getting along with Ava makes little sense. Ava could still have relationships like with Nikolas and Trina even, but still be her psychotic self underneath. Carly and Liz should have been at each other over their kid’s issues and Liz keeping Esme secret. That’s who Carly is.

There should be someone on the canvas that is not cool with Aiden Webber’s sexuality, preferably that nightmare brat Charlotte like they set up all those years ago, especially since his brother is interested in her.

One of the things I loved in Genie’s scenes last week with Kevin, Sonny, and Cyrus was she played anger. She doesn’t care if Laura is always perfect or likable.