GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Members

Just been catching up with ALL the replies on this thread. I for one echo everyone else celebrating this news - Patrick Mulcahey is one of the most talented soap writers ever. It’s no coincidence that some of the most beautifully written scenes I’ve watched on GH have been from Mulcahey’s pen - whenever I dream up scenes in my own head, I always draw on him for inspiration.

I’m so looking forward to this - did they say when their scripts/outlines will start to kick in??

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dont need Patrick Mulcahey and Elizabeth Korte to axe a bunch of characters. What I would love are longer fleshed out scenes, fleshed out characters and more focus on romance & family.

As for Darin maybe he may be a good Lucky. I could see him as a better Dillion

My choices for Lucky would be David Tom or Devon Sawa

Edited by John

• Members

Let's just have every formerly employed mid-tier soap actor play Lucky on alternating days since quality doesn't matter.

Daniel Cosgrove IN as Lucky Spencer Mondays on ABC!

Justin Bruening saddles up every Tuesday as Lucas Lorenzo Spencer this fall!

Is it Wednesday? Let's wear pink! Jonathan Bennett's triumphant return to daytime on General Hospital!

Jordi Vilasuso, fresh off an Emmy nominated (probably, idk) stint on Y&R, steals the show as Luke and Laura's offspring every Thursday!

And finally, Colin Egglesfield turns in a tour de force performance as Detective Lucky Spencer every Friday on ABC's lone daytime drama!

• Members

I agree.  Of course, I have a list of characters who I would love to see gone - and yes, that list is a very long list, too, lol.  But I'll be satisfied if Mulcahey and Korte can give each character better definition.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Not saying there won't be exits but if there are do them gradually. Don't do something dumb like putting them all on a bus that goes over a cliff. I am more into defined characters, romance & family dramas.

• Members

I get what you're saying, @John, but if they wanted, for example, to stage an elaborate fire at the hospital that kills off a bunch of characters?  As long as it affects the rest of the canvas in significant ways and isn't just something that's forgotten ten minutes after it happens, I'll be okay with the sudden and swift mass exodus.

• Members

Yes BUT make sure the ripple effects are FELT. Just dont do Special effects to do them. Daytime doesnt do them well. 

I like a lot of the current characters problem is many of the newer ones are not that fleshed out

• Members

Wardrobe is on hold. No purchases of clothes for anyone. When they do that it is for one reason & one reason only. They anticipate changes but they literally have no idea what the changes will be. So you might as well get used to the idea that someone/s will be gone. I strongly suggest people post about who they like, who is essential, etc. It is more important to protect someone important to you than to be the 1000th person to say Micheal Easton has to go. 

And, with that in mind, I love Tracy! I love all the Qs! I love the Davis women. I love Sprina.