• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah… if this is true, this is a total retcon.

Steve never took the Pawn out of Salem. Hell, the only reason Steve kept him at his apartment was so that he could move up in Victor’s organization.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I’m all for anything that “breaks up” John and Patch. I am so sick of Jarlena being joined at the hip with Payla. I want to see Jarlena with their own family.

Ideally John will finally get all of his pre-1986 memories back 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I recall it differently.  The Pawn was a prize in a high stakes poker game in Greece that involved Victor, Stefano, and others through surrogates who played their cards.  Patch/Steve was in charge of the pawn and moved it/him to Salem when Victor won the game.  So, he could've had him for a time in Greece (before moving to Salem), and I assume John did something to Konstantin that began/furthered his feud with Victor.

But, also, isn't SoapHub a notoriously dubious site when it comes to spoilers?

Edited by j swift

• Members

All they need to do is say that Maude Robicheaux was really Daphne DiMera and then his perfect origin will be restored along with explaining Stefano’s decision to target John to be his Pawn.

• Members

I am so worried. I mean, seriously, last year, for DVD week, when we learned he was a Robechaux, that was the best they'd done on a John Black retcon tweaking & they needed to stop, right there, and not go any further. And, now, here they come with some long-hidden secret. OMG. 

• Members

Steve didn’t bring the Pawn to the game. Petrov did. Stefano was already “dead” Victor was determined to win, so he had Petrov “killed” and took control of the Pawn. But the Pawn made a break for it and Steve found him on the side of the road and took him back to the apartment. 

• Members

She's been around a long time. I believe she used to write for Mimi Torchin at Weekly. And, now she has by-lines at both SoapHub & at Digest. 

Others at SoapHub who are excellent soap journos include Alina Adams & Michael Maloney. 

The pertinent text: 

John Black: The Rewrite
According to a behind-the-scene source, the past has been tweaked a tad for the sake of telling this exciting story. Viewers will learn some new things about Victor Kiriakis’s original plans for The Pawn. It involves Steve (Stephen Nichols), who, at that point in time, was a villain and The Pawn’s handler, taking him to Greece for a specific assignment. That assignment spiraled and led to a tragic outcome.
A Friendship Tested
Obviously, Steve has knowledge of everything that went down, since his memories of the past are intact. Yet, he’s chosen to keep the information from John (Drake Hogestyn) for decades, despite knowing how desperate John is to fill in those missing years of his life. Has it been to protect his (now) best friend (not to be outshone by his old best friend, Marcus), or is it out of shame for his part in the whole horrible fiasco? Either way, look for it to cause serious tension between the two men. The kind of tension that could test their friendship and pit them against each other.
Back to the Present
As things come to a head, Konstantin’s connection to it all will be revealed. And, the tragedy from John’s past as The Pawn – remember, back then he was a hired assassin – will rear its ugly head in the present. At that point, its effect on John, Steve, and their loved ones promises to be riveting.

• Members

I thought Stefano sent The Pawn to Salem to take over Roman’s life. What does Victor have to do with that?

John’s best friend is Abe, not Patch, despite what Fired Guy would have you think.