GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm well aware. But the point was that it's far from unrealistic or out of the realm of everyday possibility these days, and it was healthy for GH to show and model it as behavior for viewers. Soaps have certainly done plenty of the opposite storyline.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I almost cried with Liz and her son's scene. The sad part is that I cannot think of another soap character acting like a real mother in such a scene.
Does the show understand how valuable BH is is?

This is a really touching and sweet moment. Not some Ryan Murphy parallel universe stupidity. Bravo. 

• Members

Adam is going to one of next year's villains.

I liked Esme going to Wyndermere and getting her memories back, but I was disappointed that she didn't discover Nikolas in residence there.

When Esme turns evil again, she might have Adam, Cyrus, or Heather as potential allies.

• Members

I wanted to see the Aidan and Liz episode, really lovely. But the conversation with Maxie and Felicia that started the episode made me realize another partner of Maxie’s is dead to violence. I had blocked Austin and Maxie out, so it didn’t occur to me until they were talking about it. 

• Members

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/commentary-gh/a-critics-review-of-gh-a-roundup-of-the-best-and-worst-of-2023/

First what do I agree with? Worst SL Swerve - boss a she becomes a he, A tie for Return both Lois & Tracy, Tease as Esme begins to remember, Austin should've been Alan's son so agree, accepting Aidan as gay, Drop FIZ it fazzled & FREE LIZ, Breakup Vanna, Visit on the Fly Emma, Nina, money woes, Sasha & that's a LOT. But here's disagree: Laura talking to Charlotte NO! Cody Bell? What? It took them 3 tries & a long dang time! Best Gift? WHAT?! RH's Roger & Delia, who cares?

• Members

I love how Nina reporting a crime is now considered a sin

Please register in order to view this content

And even though Chris and Dan are back writing, I hope the thinning of the herd continues. It’s well passed the time for Cyrus to be killed off.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don’t know if it’s the writer strike team, or just all in all good planning, but I have to give GH a solid score for the year. This was definitely an upswing year and fitting for the 60th year. 

We had memorable veteran return stories that we’re actually well thought out and on-character: Holly, Tracy, Lois. I mean Holly’s shirt fun has been better than her last 15 years of cameos. I even fell so hard for temp Ethan. What do we have to do have that sexy man return (his fun would he be as sexually fluid playboy. It’s kind of what Luke Spencer would have been if he premiered in the 00’s and not the 70’s).

We have a solid younger cast that I would hate to loose: Spencer, Trina, Dex.  I think Spencer is one foot out the door. Dex is leading man material, and makes Michael look like a whimp. Chad Duell is in the “lazy acting” mode which I hate to see in daytime. He gets good material, and phones it in. 

We have some supporting characters that finally got a chance to shine, and are doing it so brightly: TJ (seriously, what took them so long!), Kristina, Cody. Cody and TJ bring so much sexiness to the show. We have not had a hunk that could act in the roster since the early days of Tyler Christopher in his first run.

…and all in all, the Vets are well served. 15 years ago, I never thought I would see Felicia, Lucy, Kevin, (and Max until he was sidelined) in consistent storylines again. Heck, even Robert is moving in and out of character’s orbits with ease. No one is being villanized for the sake the sake of a story. But no one is window dressing either. 

I love the juxtaposition of Anna, the sleek traditional spy, and Felicia, the home spun PI. Best friends with diverse approaches to the same job. They are a joy onscreen, and gosh did we get many moments this year!