DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Are the scab written episodes finally airing?

I ask because I decided to randomly watch today's episode and I was surprised at how decent it was.

We had a bit of camp with Leo, a bit of an 80s Days soap story with Patch/John/Constatine, and we had a psychological look into Nicole's psych with Marlena as therapist.

It was a balanced episode

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True lol but I haven’t heard any rumors or spoilers.

Besides, Ron would be out for blood if that happened while he was on strike

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, for a couple of weeks now.

I feel like there’s been some improvements in the writing from day to day

• Members

Ok, what the f*ck was Theresa wearing? And that jacket made her look like a muppet.

Nicole looked good though. And so did Johnny, Tate and Holly. 

I liked the party scenes and how different storylines played out around it. And the guy with the awful wig was back

Please register in order to view this content

But once again, Leo was unnecessary. And it really sucks that he’s going back to the Spectator. That would never happen in real life lol 

I’m glad that Tate and Holly had their first kiss but the drug thing really seemed to come out of nowhere. We should have seen her get to this point or at least gotten an explanation as to why she suddenly made the jump from weed to alcohol to hard drugs. I was a little surprised at how Holly looked at the end of the episode though. I expected her just to be passed out, not seizing and foaming at the mouth. The show went further than it usually does and I’m impressed by that. 

But, awwww Chad. I felt really bad for him at the end. But I still like how conflicted he is as a character. His storyline can go in so many different directions. Too bad Stephanie’s been dumbed down though. 

• Members

Yikes you weren't lying about Theresa's outfit @AbcNbc247.  So ugly!

Holly's descent into hardcore drugs was quick.  A lot of teenagers get drunk and smoke pot lol, but most don't hit the hard drugs after getting drunk once.  Although I know a lot of teens do take Adderall.  That OD was pretty graphic too.  

Nicole was very dressed up to go nowhere.

The Xander/Sarah stuff was a little out of place, but Sarah didn't annoy me like she usually does so that's a win.  

I think I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Paulina/Abe.

I think Stephanie had the best dress today.  She looked really nice.

• Members

I thought most people looked good. 

Theresa, good grief, what a bitch! I couldn't believe the way she went off on Brady. And, otherwise she is so loud, so big, so all over the place!! And, she & Alex might just go overboard with Public Displays of Affection! They are such a pair. What did Alex want to talk to Brady about? 

Leo with the cape was as is his tendency, too much! Especially the twirling dervish look as he arrived. 

So, earlier Ava had said, "Laced cocaine?" So that was the 2 kids who had OD'd that she was referring to?  Why would Clyde want to kill off his customer base? 

Everett is such a dweeb. Re-hiring Leo but telling him to have impeccable sources?!! Has he read any of Leo's columns?! 

• Members

The show (John) made a joke about the square being indoor when it started snowing in The Beyond Salem Christmas movie.  Whether it's a true fact still I don't know.  Looking on the internet some people say the roof can open up?  It seems to be a source of confusion in general.  

• Members

When the Square was introduced back in September 2011, it was mentioned as being under a dome (I think Freddie Smith's Sonny had the throwaway line), which would explain why no one is bundled up in the dead of winter.  No explanation as to how the brick staircase on the righthand side mysteriously disappeared a couple years afterwards. Maybe it's hiding under that one extra's wig.