Y&R: ATWT alum joins

• Members

I don't know what he's doing with the pacing.

Like, Phyllis framing Diane for her murder lasted just two months. 

Victor faking dementia lasted a month before the reveal.

Claire goes crazy in the span of a month after her introduction.

But, some stuff.

Nick/Sally/Adam triangle drags on for more then a year.

Summer/Chance/Sharon triangle drags on and on.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, if they were estranged, why is Jordan so intent on avenging her sister's death?  And why did she wait so long to set this plan into motion?  So many questions....

You know, they could have hired Colleen Zenk to be a recast for Lindsay Wells.  I'm just saying.

• Members

IOW, Jordan feels guilty that she and Eve never had an opportunity to make amends, so she's taking her anger and frustration out on Victor.  Again, though, why wait this long?  Did she really need to steal Cole and Victoria's baby, raise it and train it to hate the Newmans in order to get her revenge?  She had plenty of other chances to ruin the Newmans - hell, she could've been the one who sabotaged that plane that crashed with Nick on it during the MAB era!

• Members

I’m not mad at the idea of all this but the pacing is absolutely horrendous. They ran thru what should have been 3-6 months worth of story in a couple weeks and missed so many beats. We should have seen Claire/Eve inserting herself into Victoria’s life not just Nicki’s. Wrecking things for her then feeling guilty and yearning for the family connection. Aunt Jordan could have come to town and befriended Nicki for weeks slowly gaslighting and tricking her into drinking. Like come on basic soap pacing.

Watching the big reveal felt so unearned and rushed. I hate that JG will probably be the shows last idiot in charge because he just always fumbles the ball in the least interesting way.

• Members

I went to get the link for a podcast that Linda Dano had previously done with Colleen & found a brand new one where she's talking about the  new character at Y&R. If you go, there's also an earlier one where Colleen talked among other things about her cancer. Have fun! Oh, and of course, it's on all platforms. If you prefer something other than Spotify, you won't have any trouble finding it. Hope I'm not duplicating. 

Here is a write-up of the new podcast:

In With Linda Dano podcast, 11-20, Colleen Zenk returns to Daytime. She had to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure agreement). When she called Maura West she told her she was out visiting her daughter Georgia & Maura said what a long time for a visit! Mostly she hasn't called people because she couldn't explain why she was in LA and also because she has not had a lot of free time. She found a wonderful tiny French restaurant she loves & has probably been there 25 times! Week before last Leo DiCaprio was there with a party & last week Sir Patrick Stuart was with a group. 
Josh Griffith called her in August & said, "I have something for you. Are you interested?" She said, "I'll be on the next plane!" She talked about her name being on nothing, etc. & the lengths they've gone to, to keep the secret. 
She was very nervous. Everyone has treated her so well & made her feel so welcome. There are 3 P&G/NY people there. There's a director who was at AW & then at ATWT so we both know him. She was very concerned about her looks since no one has seen her in 13 years & she's 70 & has had nothing done to her face & she looks real. But everyone here looks real, too. 
She's working with the Newmans who she calls the A-Team. Says lovely things about both MTS and Eric Braeden who she calls "lush". She named off Josh & Amelia, too. 
Yesterday they taped the 12-26 show & everyone just has to watch that day! It was a 14 hour day. She had 40 pages of dialog. This character is a huge workload & she is both exhausted & so delighted! 
They shoot 5 shows in 4 days. They like to have fun & there's joking around during rehearsal. 
She is also working with Haley who plays Claire & she is Claire's Great Aunt Jordan. Jordan & Claire are up to no good!
Haley worked on Y&R when she was younger & also in the past worked on GH. Now she's 29 & she has twins. 
She first appears on 11-17 except in Canada, which is the day before that. Then this story is just going to steamroll its way through! That's all there is to it. 
She's been working now for 5 weeks & finally she can talk about it. Tomorrow she does press. 
She is hoping that this character catches on with the audience because what she would like would be to be asked to come back. If that happened, she would LOVE that! 
Linda asks about Boo, her dog. And, Boo is with her & goes to work with her & may be CBS's first dog! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Thanks. 
The Oct. 6 episode is the Dano podcast where Zenk talks about her cancer among other things.  Many of the podcast platforms I checked have only that episode (so far).

Spotify has the *new* Dano podcast where Zenk talks about Y&R
That new episode is dated Nov. 20.  Hopefully the other podcast platforms will have it soon.
The new episode is dated Nov. 20 and they say near the end that it was recorded Nov. 16.