Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Right. Nope. We've only seen Maggie with her subset of people. We've only seen Holly with her subset of people! The pod storytelling style that Lynn Liccardo spoke of in her book about the end of ATWT is alive & well in Salem! 

One thing that is going on that is right is individual performances. Ari is wonderful again today. Plus, both yesterday & today, Tamara Braun is putting on a Masterclass of her own. I know Ava is an unpopular character & I get why but the actress is just so talented that anytime they give her decent writing she hits a homerun. Just shows what a travesty it was when all they wrote was Ava making pasta for Rafe & making whoopie with Rafe! 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And, now, she said she did it because Sloan is a friend & then she goes on to say right now maybe her only friend. Good God, in what universe does being a friend require you to commit something as horrific as stealing a newborn?!!! So far, I just don't buy anything they've trotted out as Melinda rationales! 

• Members

Point taken

It is not as if Sloan was desperate to be a mother, or was even that upset when she had a miscarriage (compared to Nicole).  So... yeah, Melinda would've been a better friend by either helping Sloan come up with other reasons to ensnare Eric, or encouraging her to get some self-esteem and find a guy who makes her a priority.

To me, the dumbest part is that Eric has never expressed interest in meeting the birth mother.  Sloan goes on about how she's having trouble parting with the baby. Meanwhile, Eric knows nothing about her and wasn't involved in the process at all.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Oh, Melinda. That bit about EJ and Nicole being very privileged people who will adjust to their new normal, get over their baby's death and move on because they have too much to live for, and, after all, Nicole still has a child... just gross.

I loved Nicole snapping at Holly with no clichéd soapy follow-up in the next scene, i.e., "Oh honey, I'm so sorry, you don't deserve that, I don't know what came over me, can you ever forgive me?" Her lying there in pained silence was moving.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I also enjoy that EJ is not always a cliché.

So, when he saw Eric hugging Nicole, he didn't become instantly insanely jealous (which would have been totally inappropriate given the circumstance). 

And I like that they are allowing him to grieve, so that it doesn't feel as if this is only happening to Nicole.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Soap Twitter’s not gonna be too happy with Clyde’s comments to Ava. Maybe that’ll lead to him finally getting killed off lol 

I was totally Team EJ today. Stefan was a total POS and I’m so glad that karma finally caught up with him. And as for Clyde and Stefan working together…

Please register in order to view this content

Abe/Nicole was the best part of today. I love their relationship, and you can tell that James and Ari enjoy working together as well. It was nice seeing Abe comfort her and reassure her. This is the way that you use history.

Same could be said for Eric/Sloan. And btw, I wouldn’t mind the baby being named Sam either

And I know I’m no detective or anything, but shouldn’t Ava’s blouse have been bagged as evidence already? 

• Members

Thank you, Bee, I will gladly accept a break from EOB1. I was very frustrated with the credits yesterday. My schedule was crazy busy so I didn't get to watch DAYS until late in the day & by then they skipped showing most of the credits & I didn't even get to make note of the script writer for the day, just the director. I don't like it that Peacock does that, but Peacock doesn't care. 

I've just started watching The Doctors again for the first time since I was a teen & there's something about how slowly the credits wind down that is just thrilling to me. Then the announcer says, "Stay tuned for Another World in living color!" And, there's my favorite show! 

• Members

It's a stunt. In theory there's nothing wrong with stunts. But, in execution, there can be wide disparity! The Jack shower scene, clever stunt. Revealing RKK as the recast Bo at Vivian's masked ball, also clever but that one was quite complex & took two episodes to tell. The Santa Barbara 'Mason takes a punch' & Terry Lester goes down & Gordon Thompson pops up, simple but also clever. I don't think Ben/Alex was anything special. But maybe that first day Gwen/Theresa at the airport was also clever. Nothing clever since though! 

• Members

I don't understand how Clyde has any leverage?

First, Stefan is the CEO of a multinational corporation.  He could either go to the warden with Clyde's threats, or use his media empire to expose the corruption of the prison.  Stefano would never cower to this thug.  So, why is Stefan acting like a little punk? The Dimeras pay off judges all the time.  You can't tell me that Stefan is powerless to free Gabi without running drugs, and still try to get me to believe that being the CEO at DI is that prestigious.

Second, the last time Clyde was on parole he had no money.  So, how is he funding a drug ring, an international kidnapping plot, and the managerial staff at The Bistro?

Finally, did I miss it or did Stefon go to the prison and not visit Gabi?

Edited by j swift