Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Currently, Titan is the Amazon of the DAYS-verse, where you could buy shampoo or watch a football game.  Publishing is an element, but they must ship oil because we know that their tanker just destroyed a community of turtles. 

Remember we had the discussion on this thread over the summer when Rolf first parked his sub, and I wondered how he got to the Midwest in a submersible and everyone noted the Salem River was deep enough?  Well, it also must be big enough to accommodate tankers.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always thought that Salem was an hour's drive from Chicago & so had access to a Great Lake. Shirely that river must go right into the Lake. 

THIS! 

Please register in order to view this content

Truth is being spoken! 

I will add that my biggest single criticism is NO IN BETWEEN. 

Great shows. Terrible shows. WTH is the regular day-in day-out soapy storytelling?

It's MIA that's where it is! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

I disagree.  Everett is career-minded, and upwardly mobile.  He lacks Nicks desperation, both socially and romantically. 

I feel like with Nick we always needed exposition about why women were attracted to him.  But, with Everett it is assumed that he is intelligent and creative, so women like him. 

• Members

Also, I did more research on the submarine/oil tanker route from the Atlantic to the Great Lakes (which may be a thousand times more research than the writers)

During WWII there were submarines manufactured in Chicago, but they were shipped through the Chicago River to the Mississippi River in a floating drydock towed by tugboat.  Which doesn't seem very sexy or covert for Rolf and Megan to get to Alamania.

And, there is currently no crude oil moved by tankers on the Great Lakes, though relatively small quantities of crude oil are transported to refineries by barge on rivers and canals within the basin.

So, my theory is that Konstantin's original con was to get Victor to move to Salem with the promise that it was near Lake Michigan, when he knew all the time that his ships wouldn't fit (ha ha).

BUT, getting back to my big issue of the week - predictions -  Is Belle just going to disappear back to Boston without seeing her parents on their anniversary?  AND - Is Gabi just going to wait forever for her trial, or will something bad happen in the prison?

My fanfic solution would have been for Stefon to pay off Rolf to escape in the sub with Gabi and leave Dimitri to rot in Salem.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I know

but if they want to keep the character viable, they'll need to give some finality to Gabi.  Similarly, for Rafe, we'll need some excuse for why Gabi isn't a part of his life, even though they barely interacted for the past six months.  And, if they ever want to bring back Will, or age Arianna, we'll need to know whatever happened to Gabi.

Belle could just disappear, because it could easily be explained that she's with Shawn, Claire, or back in the foreign office of Basic Black, until they resurrect the character at some point. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think today was a Jamey episode. And seriously, Why The F*ck would anyone assign an episode like this to him??? Dimitri just randomly selects Sloan to hand the baby off to? Usually, I don’t mind crazy soap coincidences, but come on. This is more of a stretch than Passions. Hopefully, I’m wrong and we get an actual explanation tomorrow. 

Again, Peter Porte deserves so much better than this. His scenes today are proof of that. 

And again, all this Leo propaganda is not gonna make people like him 

The Rafe/EJ bitchfight was unnecessary too. 

Ari Zucker/Nicole is always great to see, even though she deserves better than this too. She made those scenes somewhat watchable.

Surprisingly, I thought Sloan did well today. Jessica Serfaty really has improved a little over time. She still needs some work, but I think she’s gotten better. 

Edited by AbcNbc247