Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Allie was over 21 when she got pregnant with Henry.  I am going to assume Johnny/Allie are at least 25 now.  Chanel was Allie's bff in London so I also assume they are the same age.  Although with Chanel's backstory she should be almost 30 right now lol.   Holly seemed younger to me than Tate so I thought 16 was a reasonable guess.

You know I like SBu, but I have no investment because I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and GH to re-hire him.  Like we all know it's coming, so what's the point?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ok, then Johnny really needs to get a job.  I think of him as taking a gap year, but he's a full-grown adult and needs to achieve something.  Although, that explains how he knows about Clueless.  But, where's his movie that he wanted EJ to produce and star in?

• Members

That makes sense, although I didn't think 16-year-olds could work in a bar at all.  Although, to be fair, only men with drinking problems seem to actual order liquor at the bar, everyone else eats chowder and drink coffee.   Maybe he could work at Sweet Bites?

• Members

Ugh.   SBu and TB I can tolerate, but that's sad about GR/Leo.

I literally have no idea what Johnny does all day.  He needs a job.  The show could just tell us he works at Dimera like everyone else.  

I would group it like this-in my own head-with facts at hand

24-26 Johnny, Chanel, Allie, Wendy

28-30-Ciara, Tripp, Claire, Theo

early to mid 30's-Will, Sonny, Alex, Chad, Stephanie, Gabi

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Social media is having a field day with the Ben 2.0 and Gwen 2.0 recast.

People saying Greg Rikaart will be the new Gabi playing dual roles. Others saying Suzanne Rodgers will be the next Gabi....playing Maggie and Gabi with a wig.

But yeah Greg Rikaart and Leo have got to go!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

If Holly and Tate are meant to be 16, they need to be given dialogue that matches their age.  When was the last time a teen called someone a "big mouth" or used the term "crush"?  Between yesterday's old-fashioned joint, and today having them text rather than DM, it feels like none of the writers have ever interacted with a modern adolescent. 

@carolineg Your chart begs the question - If Theresa is dating Alex, and her son is 16, is she significantly older than him?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Honestly I feel like I barely ever saw Tate or Holly and developed no connection with them as kids like Ciara and Theo and even Johnny as a child, so the sudden recasts into teenagers doesn’t bother me at all.

I actually have enjoyed both new actors this week, but I’ve learned not to get attached to too many people on this show as they get bored quite quickly with a lot of newer characters not named Leo/Gwen. 

• Members

Theresa, Andrew, Paul, Brady, Phillip, and Belle screw me up.  Andrew should be older than Theresa and both should be older than Paul, Brady, Belle.  Paul, Brady, Belle should all be close in age since they were all born within 3 years of each other on the show.  John was busy!   Technically, from their actual birthdates?  No.  Alex and Theresa should be near the same age.   But when you take into account Phillip, Belle, Brady being significantly older than what they should be it makes that generation the most muddy to me to figure out.  I would assume Theresa would be late 30's because she was played younger than Brady and Alex would be older than Sonny so 35, 36 ish.

When you add in Abby being born in the same year as Brady and Stephanie being born before both it gets even weirder, but I am more confident with those two because they were aged after Belle/Brady/Shawn et all.

• Members

I agree @Antoyne, it would be weird if Rachel suddenly came downstairs as a full-grown teen, but Holly and Tate have been incubating long enough to be SORASed. 

Also, just a theory, but it feels like they are getting a do-over for the concept of Allie, except Sami was missing to play out the story.  Because, once again, the former bad girl has a terrible teen to deal with and help the character progress beyond only having romantic entanglement stories.  I prefer the "reap what you sow" parental plot over the bitchy Mom with an angelic kid scenario. 

Is it just me, or has Nicole's baby bump not grown since August?

Furthermore, whenever Johnny discusses his love of the visual medium of film, I always wonder what happened to his glass eye?  I guess, just like Shawn-D's childhood deafness, or Phillip's lost leg, neither disabilities nor death are permanent in Salem.

Edited by j swift