Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

To be fair, someone like Victor dying quietly in his sleep just feels wrong for his character. I definitively want more drama than that for him, though a classic "plane crash, no body recovered" also feels wrong because it's a classic soap opera non-death and they can't (or rather shouldn't) recast Victor. I'm not sure how I would've done it though; I guess if they'll milk his body not being recovered for storyline purposes it could be ok. I doubt it, but we'll see.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Decent episode today.

I liked seeing everybody absorbing the news about Victor’s disappearance and also being there to support Maggie. And I liked that they somehow managed to include Shane into this storyline. He and Victor were such bitter enemies back in the day. And since Victor’s supposed to have been missing for so long, I wonder if there’s going to be some kind of mystery put into this storyline. There are so many Kiriakises on the show right that this could have such a big effect on so many characters and their storylines.

I also liked seeing messy Brady today. It was a lot better than that kidnapping crap from last week. I’m actually curious about where he goes from here, especially now that Victor’s gone. And I also hope Chloe soon realizes why Xander wants to marry her so quickly. 

And, I can’t believe I’m saying this but Li and Melinda do have chemistry. Who would’ve thought?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I appreciate that Gabi/CB is one of the only actresses that realize when the episodes are airing and dresses appropriately for summer (even if the dress wasn't the best).  It's clear the show has no idea where to go with Stefan/Gabi now.   Li has a stronger trajectory than those two and that's surprising.  I like Melinda and Li as well and I had some reservations about it in the beginning.  They are cute together.

It's strange to me that both Brady/Shawn are much more closely related to Victor than most people at the party.  They were both on, but I am not sure why they weren't at the party or couldn't have had those same conversations at the party.  I know they are both estranged from Victor, but so is Xander and having Brady/Shawn/Belle/Chloe at the homecoming would have made it feel more important.  Days seems to drop the ball on the family/community feel for big events and I don't think it's a budget issue.

• Members

Today was… ehhh

The acting mayor just needs to go away. There is no purpose for his character and there never will be. 

Johnny/Chanel/Talia was ok. I am curious to see what Johnny’s gonna do now that he thinks Talia and Chanel are a couple. Hopefully, it involves Tripp and Wendy lol.

As for Dimitri/Gwen/Leo, Leo just needs to die. Done with him. This writing team doesn’t seem to realize that saying you feel guilty doesn’t mean jackshit if you’re on your back 30 seconds later.

Dimitri was hot as ever, but Gwen was absolutely pathetic. I swear, I really think Ron gets off on [!@#$%^&*] like this. Which is why I raised the question as to whether or not he might have a problem working for a woman.

Hopefully, there are some good changes made soon. #JanetPlease

Please register in order to view this content