DAYS: Casting Call

• Members

DAYS is supposedly casting a male role who is British and handsome.

What does this mean? Does this show really need ANOTHER addition to the cast? They need to start cutting people, because they don't use the people they have now.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe some new blood will be good....and HUH since when does DAYS NOT use pretty much their main cast?

The only characters that are not really getting weekly material is Jack, Jennifer and Frankie (with the latter two getting more this week), and the older older veterans.

• Members

IA Mitch... the contract older veterans are on a regular basis without having a major storyline which is good too. DAYS has been pretty good with balance barring the whole Matthew Ashford fiasco, which is so blatantly a fiasco its ridiculous.

If this is true it will be nice to see someone new but only if they are written with a purpose. Could this be Mike returning? I know he's not British but I don't think Carrie and Lucas will get married without Mike returning at any point to throw a wrench in there somehow. Or maybe another member of the Lockhart family?

• Members

I read a rumor somewhere (have no idea where) that this character will be connected with Jack's offscreen absence. Have no idea if it is true or not but since Jack returns May 15 it could make time line sense. I mean someone has to have been helping Jack all these months he has been gone!

• Members

I heard its a doctor that Jack has been seeing but those are only rumors.

New blood would be good for Days and they could totally use a new doctor. This doctor could come back with Jack and be a love interest for Kate or something. I just hope they cast someone that can act, Days has done a good job lately with cast additions.

As for cutting the cast, I used to think they should but Days has had great balance over the last month. Jack, Jen, and Frankie got very little due to Matt's play and such and someone had to be back burnered because there were others, like Abe and Lexie, who had nothing last year. Plus, Days made it very clear Jen and Frankie needed to move slow to make this thing work. The vets are being used as they should and most of the cast is gelling so Days is doing fine. Let's remember some cast members may not renew. if Missy does leave, Matt probably will too and perhaps Ashley. Kyle Brandt still hasn't reupped and I am pretty sure Wayne will be leaving in July. Billy may leave too when Missy and Matt decide to go. Arianne has already left so Days cast situation is fine right now.

• Members

I think you might actually mean Colin Murphy. Because that worked out so well, why not go for it a second time. Although Colin was Irish or Australian or something, so maybe someone, um, British will be a success.

• Members

I agree Mitch. I think of all the shows on the air Days has the best track record about using the majority of it's contract cast. Of the contract players the only ones we don't see on a regular basis are Missy Reeves, Billy Warlock, Matthew Ashford, Frances Reid, and Suzanne Rogers. And of course John Ingle there toward the end of his contract.

Of course they do show some of the others more often than they do others, but overall they have a good track record.

• Members

Thank you, Kenny! There was NO age in this casting call. Why wasn't THAT the first assumption? LoL. I'd be angry, but CS said last time he came back that he wouldn't do it again. All good things come to an end. I'm wondering if this won't be a SORAS of Andrew, his son with Kim.

• Members

James Scott is now available since AMC let him go in February.... he'd just have to be interested in moving to California but I think another soap would get a good find in James Scott. AMC could have done so much more with Ethan.

Archived