Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Corday is an avoidant and absentee personality. He loves credit for elements that get praise but when it's anything else he claims he's totally uninvolved or blames the media for calling attention to it. He'd announce a media blackout of the major entertainment trades for this if he could. He'll probably beg whatever's left of SOD for an 'exclusive' next. And no, cutting off their access doesn't mean you stop reporting.

I don't believe for a second he didn't know all about this. He will claim he didn't. The reality is he most likely knew it all for years but believed Alarr was the only man who could keep the trains running on time who he could 'trust'. That is what most of daytime comes down to now, as I already said.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't forgotten that. You're not making excuses for the rest of the soap press, are you?

The right thing to do would have been to back up Mimi Torchin and Michael Kape instead of cowering and writing articles headlined "Deidre Hall Is Loving Life!"

• Members

Corday's mom is turning over in her grave.  She was the one to save the show in the mid to late 60s after her husband passed...and helped keep things going till the mid 80s when her son took over after she passed.

Maybe time for one of his 3 kids to take over 

Edited by Soaplovers

• Members

It just makes me sick and filled with shame to think that all of those recent scenes that seemed sexy and liberated were really just times when actors were being abused and disrespected.

It will be difficult to watch future episodes and not associate them with this article.  I purposely didn't watch today for that reason, and I don't know if I'll be able to watch it tomorrow without feeling terrible for the humiliation that these actors have been put through.

• Members

Agreed, @AbcNbc247 actors should not be punished for the actions of the production, just as it is not the moral burden of the audience to make sure that the team at Sony makes the correct decisions in this case. 

Please note that my question was motivated because I enjoy reading your critiques each morning, so I was curious if you would continue.

• Members

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Please register in order to view this content

Posting my thoughts about each episode when they’re still fresh in my mind helps fill the time when I’m getting ready to leave for work

I’ve watched continuously since I was 9. I can’t give it up now

Edited by AbcNbc247