General Hospital: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This. Scorpio is acting more Scorpio than ever. 

Holly and Tracy are stepping back into Port Charles so seamlessly. 

Tracy especially, is already knee deep in the Quartermaines. I love her reaction to Brooklynn calling her Grammie. And Carly, it’s good to see that there is now love loss here on either side. I hope we continue to see the Quartermaines together. This current crop has very good chemistry. 

I hope that Holly, Robert, and Felicia work their way to the main Cassadine action. They deserve to be part of Victor’s comeuppance. I also love seeing these three in spy mode. 

• Members

Top 5 characters I would cut to make room for other storylines:

1. Drew: This version of Drew is so flat. He is played as a “good guy” and ??? I do not see the chemistry with Carly. We don’t need a town hero. We need a town scoundrel (Ethan, Lucky).

2. Austin: Can we call this character another failure and move on? What blackmail does RH have on Valentini that he keeps coming back? With a less inspired character each time? Let him take a break and give us Todd back. Carly will be free for a pairing with Drew out of town.

3. Sasha: I wouldn’t be able to pull her out of a lineup.

4. Willow: Just die already!

5. Maxie/ Spinelli: I love Maxie. I grew up with Maxie. I love Mac/ Felicia having a kid in town. But Maxie needs a break. Her character is unrecognisable. They turned Maxie into an Amy Vinning character, when she is supposed to be more of more of Lucy Coe. Let her set sail with Spinelli for a happy ending until the writers can come up with a better idea, and even a better recast. 

• Members

Fire Cameron Mathison. He's just playing himself at this point.

Drew and Curtis, the duo no one asked for. DT couldn't look less invested in this material and CM always sounds like he's talking to someone who is learning English as a second language.

Friday's scenes between Spencer and Trina really ramped up their chemistry, the actors look more comfortable being affectionate with each other. The freedom both characters have to just be a couple is nice and they get to kiss a lot, my fears of modern day segregation have subsided.

Laura in her parka on her way to Greenland to save her grandkids is exactly what I want to see. Laura as THE tentpole character is so affirming to me.

Replace Maxie (I agree she needs an extended break but if we're only doing 5...) with Finn and I'm all for it.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I would write out Maxie (and Michael) for years but I would not reunite her and Spinelli. His biggest sign of growth was leaving her and marrying Ellie Trout, and it was a huge regression to idiocy for the character to leave her behind. He would reconcile with Ellie (who is still seen from time to time) on or offscreen and remain a recurring character.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I never expected him to be so dismissive. I couldn’t stop laughing

Please register in order to view this content

And idk what to make of Robert and Diane either. I feel like they were just thrown together for no reason 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I actually liked the scenes last week where Scorpio asked Diane flat-out why she worked for Sonny and she reminisced about her start on the show. Unfortunately they didn't take it far enough, because Robert would've taken a harder line on the issue. Also, Diane's most recent crocheted blue outfit is absolutely fuckíng terrifying.

• Members

At this point, Maxie is a recurring/supporting player, so I don't think cutting her would do any good. Maybe downgrading her to recurring would work. And Spinelli is barely on, so that is no major loss there. These are who I'd cut / downgrade in status (as realistic as possible):

Series regular:

1. Michael Easton (Hamilton Finn) [cut]
  2. Robert Gossett (Marshall Ashford) [cut]
  3. Gregory Harrison (Gregory Chase) [downgrade]
  4. Roger Howarth (Austin Gatlin-Holt) [cut]
  5. Katelyn MacMullen (Willow Tait) [cut]
  6. Cameron Mathison (Drew Cain) [cut]
  7. Sofia Mattsson (Sasha Gilmore) [downgrade to potential cut]
  8. Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) [downgrade]

Series recurringall cut

1. Bonnie Burroughs (Gladys Corbin)
  2. Risa Dorken (Amy Driscoll)
  3. Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller)

• Members

I think he's always been a little douchey, but lately I feel like TR has Robert acting like a grumpy grandpa and I don't think he was always like that.  I feel like TR isn't thrilled about the Diane pairing, but I don't have any proof of that.  He just seems a little checked out or annoyed when in scenes with her.

The Talbots suit? I think I might be insulting Talbots.  It's probably Ann Tayler Outlet.  I feel like my grandmother would have found that suit too aged and dated for her 85 self

• Members

It looks like a big quilt or housecoat someone sewed an old woman into as a burial shroud after a nuclear holocaust, like something out of the TV movies The Day After or Testament (shout-out to @DRW50). Except Diane then got up, cut some leg holes in it and is now walking around.

• Members

Diane often wears some severe outfits that age her and I don't think the hair helps, but that was bad outfit.  I actually did like the scene you mentioned where she talked about starting to work for Sonny.   There are times I like/tolerate CH as Diane, but as either you or someone else mentioned she's best in small doses.   I can't see her as Robert's romantic lead especially when you contrast their scenes with his scenes with Holly.  TR/ES work so effortlessly together.

• Members

I am pretty neutral on the Robert/Holly pairing, but I noticed an immediate softness to Robert's interactions with Holly and easy chemistry yesterday.  Especially in direct contrast with his scenes with Diane, but TR has also been working with ES for about 40 years on and off so that makes sense.  Although you know I like Robert/Anna too.