Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Personally I'm feeling real down in the dumps about them losing 3 diversity characters who are also legacy characters. Seems like such a waste. Will & Allie, Sami/Lucas, Horton & Brady. With Allie we also lose the twin things with Johnny. And, Sonny, Justin/Adrienne, Kiriakis & Johnson. Plus all 3 gay leaving only Chanel & Leo till we get an infusion in March. And, I suppose they are going to be playing Chanel as straight for the foreseeable future. 

• Members

Yup. But considering he also had a guest role in CSI: Vegas makes me think someone at CBS likes him. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets cast in a pilot, depending on how far they're planning to take the Fire Country role.

Please register in order to view this content

At a stretch I could see Tinker returning for a one-off for Victor's funeral/memorial episode, but I can't see him coming back for even a short story arc at this point. His career is taking off and he's leaving daytime behind for now. I guess they could get Freddie back though.

Edited by te.

• Members

Well, that was a good show. Sonia & Kreizman did well. But, I still don't know who stole the orchid, although it seems like the guys do! And, Jake did a good deed. But it was Challie that was amazing. Not only did they have an honest to goodness good farewell where they talked & hugged & cried, but Allie relived their whole relationship in flashback as she cried after Chanel left. I dunno. They're still very much in love with each other & they were very careful & tender with each other at the end, so maybe they're leaving a door open for the distant future. 

• Members

I do like Allie and I agree she deserves better than this. F' gods sake she's the daughter of Sami & Lucas making her legacy Brady & Horton & Johnny's twin & they have so much twin stuff! Plus, she gave really good story with her pregnancy & backstory in London & wanting to give up Henry, etc. And, she gave good story when she was possessed. Doesn't all that count for something?!! Besides she's an excellent actress. She seems to be able to field anything they throw at her. Even hum drum daily crap. I don't know if I see coward or not. Run away or away from or toward? 

• Members

I was toying with some ideas for a Peter return last night. I'm curious if anyone has thoughts.

First, I'd bring back Valley's Jack.

I'd have Abby come back with no memory where she went when she "died."

She'd be angry with Chad.

Over time she'd assimilate and run the paper with Jack, which would be a bigger part of Salem society with a SET and characters working there.

Then I'd bring Peter back.

On Chloe's arm at first, having met her out of town. She wouldn't understand the scandal at first 'til she learns he's the black sheep DiMera son and Kristen's brother. But he promises he's different now. There's genuine attraction. She ignores the naysayers.

I'd reveal Abby was with Peter when she "died" (though she'd have no memory of it) and leave the implications of that a mystery with Abby acting bizarrely at times and only Peter knowing why.

I may or may not let Jennifer entertain the idea of romancing Peter again with Peter gaslighting her but he'd mostly be battling Stefan over Chloe and his place in the DiMera family.

THEN... I'd have Peter KILL Stefan and FRAME Jack/Abby for it with the town believing Jack helped his daughter cover a mental break... and Vivian seeking VENGEANCE!

A throwback to Peter framing Jack for his "death" in '96.

Then, Peter (with Gwen) would STEAL the newspaper and use it to slander the Deveraux's with Chloe naive to Peter's true nature.

I'd involve Stephanie in this, (unwittingly?) being used by Gwen to hurt Abby. I'd have Gwen stirring the pot with Abby/Chad/Stephanie.

Chad and Jennifer would work to clear Abby's name while Stephanie doubts her innocence.

Then, on the eve of Abby's sentencing, Jennifer bursts into Peter and Chloe's engagement party to announce she's SUING the Spectator and has proof of Abby's innocence!

I'd wait longer before I reveal Peter killed Stefan (let him get closer to Chloe so she's devastated when she learns the truth) and play more with Abby's missing time and what Peter did to her and why, an arc of its own (revenge against J&J).

The fallout would put Chloe back at odds with Kristen as Kristen defends her brother against Chloe (and the Deveraux's) and Chloe turns to Brady for comfort.

I'd also have Vivian going after Peter and Kristen (who'd help him) with bloodlust. I'd pit Chad against Peter as well.

Thoughts?

Edited by KLN