Y&R/Days: RIP Quinn Redeker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I best know him as Rex, and always will. In reality Rex wasn't much of a character, but Quinn was so likeable, handsome, and charming, he made you care. He was one of my favorite parts of Y&R in those years, especially his relationships with Jill and Leanna. I think he was almost too good for the role as I have a feeling Bill Bell may not have intended him to stay as long as he did (which is why he got such a poor exit). I will miss him.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Quinn was great as villain-with-a-twinkle-in-his-eye Alex Marshall on DAYS. And I really enjoyed his "romance" with Sister Marie. Unfortunately, his character got shunted aside in the ways of the DAYS' supervillain formula. He also dated Deidre Hall IRL. 

And, of course, he was an Oscar-nominated screenwriter, for his work on Michael Cimino's "The Deer Hunter." 

• Members

Oh no. I didn’t heard about his passing. Such a bummer coz a few months back I was googling what he was up to.

i liked him as Rex but for me he will always be Alex from Days!

shame they gave up on Marie Horton’s character and him… Loved them and I loved his friendship with Anna.. The best! They were the best duo! Loved it when he owned the Salem inn 

• Members

I was just noticing him all over again when Y&R re-aired the Masquerade Ball over New Year's. He made so many little gestures as the Mad Hatter that I notice something new every time despite having watched that episode so many times. He has such a gleam in his eye. Such a unique character and actor.

Let us not forget he was also Academy Award nominated for co-writing the Deer Hunter.

• Members

Wow, RIP indeed. Rex was such a fun character, right from the get go of setting up a man for Katherine. I absolutely loved the whole triangle between him, Jill, and Katherine I could easily see him as both their soul mate. However Rex’s tryst with Leanna was just as fun. I always thought Rex was killed off too soon but alas times were changing. I would’ve preferred Rex to hang out to Katharine’s end as opposed to Murphy.

As for his Days run, wow I’ve always been impressed from what I’ve seen. A real highlight for me was seeing Alex and the late Lanna Saunders Marie on a date, the chemistry and history felt legit and warmth even though you knew that Alex was a shady scumbag lol.

Wish there was more of his Nick Reed run. Redeker knew how to play it all and entertain us.

• Members

Rex was definitely Katherine's best husband, but QR also had wonderful chemistry with Jess Walton and Barbara Crampton as well. He excelled at both comedic and dramatic scenes IMO.

Yes it was!  

Edited by YRfan23