B&B November 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bold's fashion shows were always campy and not too realistic, but this has been a joke.

That "showstopper"? I mean, seriously? It looked like a 1988 gown that Crystal Carrington wore on Dynasty. There was nothing special about it -- nor were any of the other outfits unique or special.

Sooooo many closeups were done, all to hide the small set and the lack of extras. Also, focusing a camera on a model's face, earrings, or boots doesn't exactly scream "What a fashion show!"

The whole thing was gagworthy.

• Members

I had no problem with how the show was put on. I liked some of the dresses but some of them were hideous. I had the same problem with all the older fashion shows that I watched in the B&B Vault. 

The showstopper was one of the best ones, but what the hell was that thing on Hope's head? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm not arguing whether the designs looked good or not, that's a matter of personal taste.

But Ridge said on the stage today that this HTFT collection was NOT couture.

Generally, "couture" means "high-end custom-made fashion" and in France it's something very specific:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haute_couture

Here's something about couture in LA
https://tegintl.com/what-is-couture/

Ridge said today "I realize that, at Forrester, we are mostly known for couture. But every now and then, we get to branch out, it's a lot of fun for all of us. We've done it before with Brooke's Bedroom and now were doing it again with Hope For The Future."

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They kept showing the same models in the same dresses on repeat just to fill the time.  It could have been done showing the models walking around more of a runway, or turning or something, but there just wasn't much at all.

I felt like I was watching a video that had sections put on loop.

CBS and its fixation on cross-promotion is irritating.  The model from Big Brother (Taylor Hale) and the model from The Price is Right (Alexis Haube) were emphasized over the real models.  Alexis Haube is a recurring actor on B&B as the Forrester model "Petra" so I expected to see her.  But I wanted to see more of the other models.
I disliked that they used a loop of Taylor Hale during the closing credits for both Wed. and Thurs. She's fine and pretty and that fringed/tasseled dress was interesting, but I simply got annoyed at all the Big Brother stuff causing her to be highlighted. That and the Big Brother guys being used as fashion reporters.

I don't have time to copy it over,
but I posted a full list of all the models on the fashionshow spoiler thread.
And a link to 40 CBS photos of the fashionshow.
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/61909-bold-promo-lights-camera-fashion/#comment-1822527
If you've already watched the fashion show, you won't be spoiled by reading the fashion show spoiler thread.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

THANK YOU.  I just can't see saying "Oh, the fashion show was the greatest!!!" just because they gave us one. As I said before, NONE of those dresses was special, and the showstopper was not.

Ridge's narrative about why the dresses aren't usual HFTF dresses? Just an excuse by writers and production so they could throw up anything on our screens. No fashion line takes a detour like this for one show.

And I cannot get over the RIDICULOUS closeups that actually AVOIDED the dresses as much as possible. I said it beore -- the fashion shows were never perfectly realistic, but they were a good representation, and they were fun. This one was neither.

The "Liam mess with Daddy and Wyatt"? Another mess. Do they eat there every day? Could their conversations BE more stilted and awkward? I'm sorry, these things always come off as actors trying WAY too hard to play related.

Thanks for your deep and extensive analysis.

• Members

I noticed the lighting was extra dark too and were they moving people around during scenes?

Please register in order to view this content

It looked like the same people seated in different chairs.

I've seen much better fashion shows from them. It was poorly directed!