ATWT:

MJ Dixon

Scott Dixon

Christine Hughes (Bob's niece)

Caleb Snyder

Betsy Stewart

Daniel Hughes

• Members

AW:      should have had Peter Love and Nicole Love. Especially if they were going to feature Vicky so much. (And it could have kept Anna Stuart on board, who was looking to leave at the time of cancellation.)

Jamie Frame. 

Iris Wheeler. (Though I enjoyed Carmen Duncan. If not her returning, Iris should still have been on the canvas).

GH: I'm shocked that Lucky and Lulu aren't on the canvas for Laura. Genie Francis is an icon for that show and deserves better story. 

B&B: I wish they'd recast Ridge. I've never liked the character since Thorsten took over. Thorne should be in the mix with Taylor/Brooke/Katie (and there needs to be someone new to forget about Ingo). Felicia and Rick should come back. i think Brooke should rally the troops and take down Steffy and Thomas at Forrester. 

Y&R: I'd like to see Tucker and Billy recast. Both of the actors for me bring down any scene they are in. I just don't think they fit. Jason Thompson doesn't even look like the rest. Yes, I know he's a "half-sibling", but so is Ashley and she still looks like Jack and Tracy.  Trevor St. John can't play menacing. It comes off cartoonish. 

• Members

When on AW he was said to harass Sandi Ferguson (Amanda) to the point there was friction and she did not like working with him.

I believe on DAYS, Kristian Alfonso and Lisa Rinna went to higher ups about his behavior there as well and didn't want to work with him anymore. Didn't he date someone underage at the time?

He seems to have a "womanizer" reputation that causes problems. Hopefully, he'd be over that by now.

• Members

He married Miriam Parrish (Days Jamie) when she was 18.  It's pretty obvious they probably dated before she was of age, but it was never made public.  They were married for about 15 years and had a kid(s) together.  IIRC Ali Sweeney's mother pulled her off the show for a time because of the RKK/MP relationship (which is why Sami was off screen during the Possession and the early part of her pregnancy with Will).  I am not sure if womanizer is the exact right term.  It seemed more like he was creepy and aggressive with his female scene partners and cast members, moreso than actually hooking up with them.

Not defending him or anything because he has a warranted bad reputation, but it seems his more recent stints on GH were problem free.  So perhaps he grew up or changed?  He was a pretty big deal in the 90's, but I think he now has a job as an airline mechanic or pilot or something.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Agree wholeheartedly on GH's Lucky and Lulu.  Both should be on the show front and center.  Lucky NOT Finn should be involved in Elizabeth's story with her parents.   Lulu should come out of the coma, for a good triangle with Dante & Sam.  I'd be up for Jacob Young as a returning Lucky.  I think he'd be much better than he was when he was younger, and I thinik the show's decision to bleache blond his hair was a mistake IMHO.   Another choice is DAYS' Greg Vaughan(Eric), whom I think was the best adult Lucky.   I'd be ok with either Julie Berman or Emme Rylan returning as Lulu, especially Julie.  If not, then recast.    I'd of course recast Maxie, as I've said previously.

As far as  Y&R, I gotta disagree with ya.   I think Jason Thompson is the best Billy, as Jess Walton has said in interviews, he looks more like he could be her son.   I liked Trevor St John as former Todd, then Victor on ONE LIFE to LIVE, and think he's doing very good as Tucker, even though he's 20 years younger than prior Tucker, Stephen Nichols, he doesn't look that much younger.

On Y&R, they should bring back Colleen from the dead.  They did it with Diane, they now can with her.   I'd be ok with a recast, but for story sake it'd be better with a former Colleen in the role.   Sometimes I like Melissa Ordway as Abby, sometimes she irritates me and lately she's looking older, and unbelieable as Ashley's daughter.   I might recast her with someone younger.

• Members

Yeah, apparently Rinna and KA were not friendly, but banded together with their hatred of RKK and went to TPTB leading to RKK's firing.  I believe RKK publicly trashed KA in some interviews after his firing.

Lulu really seems like an easily recastable character.  JMB was fairly popular, but Lulu isn't really a character with a ton of complexity.  A lot of actresses would be capable of playing her.  Lucky is a bit trickier, but his absence from the canvas is so glaring.  I prefer GV as Lucky over him as Eric on Days.  I actually think both characters are cut from the same cloth though.

• Members

I didn't like JY as Lucky.  If you can't get JJ or GV I would look elsewhere, but JJ hasn't wanted to do long term in years.  Idk why the show hasn't look elsewhere years ago or when GV was free before returning to Days.  I wouldn't be devastated if JY came back, but I just don't think Lucky is a great fit for Jacob's strengths.  

• Members

Doesn't JJ live in Ireland or another European country?  I could see how it would not be feasible for him to uproot himself and his family again for GH although I haven't seen JJ in much recently.  

All GH really has to do is find a guy in the right age range that has chemistry with RH (not hard) and go from there.  Lucky is a pretty special character with lots of nuances, but it's not a completely unrecastable part.  But I am someone who thinks most roles can be recast. 

ETA-Are you talking about JY?  lol.  Because what else is he doing?  He could come back full time.

Edited by carolineg