YR promo week of July 26th: The end.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This seems like rerun of the JT story. Another 'dead' body in Victoria's house...another cover up?

Or maybe Ashland will survive and agree not to press charges against Nick in return for whatever.

And this is the first time in years we've seen the entrance and stairs at Victoria's ugly blue house. 

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

All of this happened on Friday July 22 Canada / Monday July 25 US episode.

Right before this happens, Nikki is about to meet with Phyllis.  She calls Victor and tells him to go check on Victoria now!

Ashland had been stalking her at the French doors, and Victoria had let him in, expecting a closure conversation.  But when it became obvious that he intended to kill her, she grabbed a fireplace poker.  Meanwhile Nick arrived and knocked on the front door but Victoria didn't answer. He felt something was "off", so he went around the back and entered via the back door.
Victoria didn't need to hit Ashland with the fireplace poker because just then Nick entered the living room ... 
She sets the fireplace poker down, on a side table maybe? but not back at the fireplace.

And then the scenes in the promo happen.

This is what happens after the promo scenes:

Nick is suspicious that Ashland is faking, so Nick checks his pulse and there seems to be no pulse. Meanwhile, Victoria has run into the kitchen to grab her cell phone and returns to see Ashland lying there. 

Commercial break.
There is a windstorm outside and as we return from the commercials, we see Nick closing the French doors that Ashland had entered through, and Victoria has her hands on Ashland's chest.
By the positioning of her hands, and how she is listening to his chest, it's implied that she was trying to give him CPR (chest compressions) during the commercial break and -- that she is just finishing up trying to revive him.

[I guess they couldn't show her doing CPR because of COVID restrictions, she couldn't really be blowing into his mouth or whatever?]

Nick walks over to Victoria after he closed the French doors, and looks at her inquiringly and says "Vick?".
She looks up and says "it's no use, he's dead".
Nick: Did you call the police?
Victoria: I just got my phone from the kitchen. No I didn't call 911.  I was hoping we could get Ashland out of here before bringing in the authorities.
Nick: No no no no no. Call them now.
Victoria: I'm not sure it's the right move.
Nick: What do you mean, of course it's the right move! Your ex-husband's dead in your living room.

Victoria: Neither of us is thinking rationally, Nicholas, maybe we should call Dad instead.
Nick: No we're not involving him in this. This is on *me*. 
Victoria: It's not just you.
Nick: I'm responsible. I hit him.

Nick: We have to do the right thing. When has circumventing the law ever worked out for us?
Victoria: But the consequences!
Nick: We're gonna be fine.

(Victoria is terrified and frantic and losing it.
Nick is rational.
I like that they are doing their sibling thing where he calls her "Vick" and she calls him "Nicholas".)

Nick lays it out rationally: He attacked you, he was going after you, so I had to hit him, and then he hit the ground. It's a clear-cut case of self-defense. We're fine.
Victoria: I don't know if the District Attorney will see it that way.

Nick: ok fine if you don't want to call the police, call Chance, he's family. He'll be able to tell us what to do next.
(She looks doubtful or confused)
Nick (loudly and strongly): If you don't call him, I will!

Nick says he has to get some air (and goes out the front door into the windstorm). 
Victoria phones Chance and says "There's been an accident".
Chance on the phone: Did you call an ambulance?
Victoria on the phone: No, that isn't necessary.  I'd prefer to keep it in the family for now.
Chance asks for more info, but Victoria says "Just come to the house". Chance says he'll come right away.

Victoria goes out the front door and closes it, and steps outside in the windstorm to talk to Nick. She tells him she called Chance and he should be here soon.
Victoria and Nick talk and rehash everything that happened by sequence so they can tell Chance everything exactly.
Then Nick decides he needs to go for a walk - to walk all this off. And he walks off into the windstorm.
(At the very beginning of the episode, Jack remarks to Diane that this is a hot weather wind).
Victoria stays behind and he walks off. 

Then the scenes shift and we see other characters in other places doing/discussing other things.

Then we see Victoria approaching him Nick, joining him on his outdoor walk. (It's not clear if she joins him two seconds after Nick walked away, or if it's a while later, because of the intervening scenes with other characters.) 

There are trees around them and it's dark and windy.  The wind is very loud.

They stop and talk some more, and again review everything that happened.  Victoria says it was obvious to her that Ashland was about to kill her, and that Nick saved her life.
Nick looks full of anguish as he says that he's glad he could be there for her --
"but I took a man's life and nothing can change that."  It's clear that he feels terrible about having killed someone, even though it was accidental. They hug.

Nick says that they need to walk back to the house because they need to be there when Chance arrives.  They start walking.

Nick and Victoria finally enter the house via the front door.  They notice that the French doors are rattling in the wind, as if they are not quite closed.  Nick assumes that he had not been thorough in closing them before.
Then they notice that Ashland's body is missing and the episode ends.

The episode is up on Canada's Globaltv website, on their Y&R page,
https://watch.globaltv.com/series/32666602/
Select the episode labeled as "July/22/2022"

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They have it set up with various possible scenarios:

Perhaps/maybe there could be blood (or traces of blood?) on the edge of the floor at the fireplace bricks where Ashland hit his head.  And the fireplace poker will be discovered on a table, instead of in its stand by the fireplace. Will Chance notice any of this when he finally arrives?

This part is key: The wind was loud. Victoria and Nick were walking in the trees away from the house.  Any number of persons could have entered and exited the house and they would not have seen or heard.

Ashland could have revived all by himself, and walked away.

Ashland could be dead, but Victor could have arrived while Nick and Victoria were out, and Victor or his henchmen could have removed the body.  And Nick and Victoria would have no idea about any of that.

Ashland could have been still alive, but maybe Victor arrived and took him away while he was still alive.  Maybe Victor will hold Ashland prisoner somewhere.

How many seconds or minutes passed before Victoria joined Nick on his walk? It's unclear to me.  Was she still just outside the front door, or did she go inside, and did Victor arrive when she was there, did she tell him what happened? Did he tell her to walk away and join Nick?
OR ... did Victoria join Nick on his walk right away, and she has no idea how Ashland disappeared?

Of course we don't know yet if Victor ever arrived.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The following are US airdates,
From TV listings.  (plus a few SOD tidbits)

Week of July 25 - no date listed
Victor takes matters into his own hands. 
Nick gives Sally unsolicited advice. 
Kyle delivers bad news. 
Nate and Devon struggle working together.

Monday, July 25
Nick backs Ashland into a corner.
Diane makes progress with Jack.
Nikki and Phyllis plot their revenge.

Tuesday, July 26
Victor does damage control.
Sharon counsels Adam.
Victoria and Nick make a shocking discovery.

Wednesday, July 27
Victor protects Victoria at all costs.
Victor covers his tracks.
Sally asks Adam for a fresh start.
Michael accepts a new assignment.

Thursday, July 28
Victor manages a family crisis.
Victor protects his interests.
Summer questions Phyllis’ motives.
Nick delivers bad news.

Friday, July 29
Nikki helps Nick with an ethical dilemma.
Kyle protects Harrison.
Mariah keeps a secret from Tessa.

Week of August 1st - no date listed
Victor covers his tracks. 
Nick turns on the charm. 
Nate loses patience with Devon. 
Victoria opens up to Billy.

• Members

Analyzing the above daily spoilers, and then theorizing/speculating what they are about:

Mon. July 25 -"Nick backs Ashland into a corner."
Obviously that's the scene in the promo. Nick punches Ashland who falls into the *corner* (edge) of the brick in front of the fireplace.

Tues. July 26 -"Victoria and Nick make a shocking discovery." That's the scene at the end of Monday's episode, so it must repeat at the beginning of Tuesday. Shocking discovery that Ashland is no longer lying on the floor.

Tues. July 26 -"Victor does damage control".  Well here is the speculation.
Did/does Victor arrive at Victoria's house?
Did/does Victor mess with the scene?
Or does Victor *not* arrive and he simply does media damage control after the fact?

Etc. etc. the rest of the week.

Wed. July 27 -"Michael accepts a new assignment."
I wonder if Michael investigates this Ashland mess, and if so, who would hire him to do that?
Or does Victor hire Michael to clean up the Ashland mess?
Or is Michael's new assignment about something completely unrelated?

• Members

oh right of course.  CLB will be playing Big Daddy in an Off-Broadway production of Tennessee Williams’ “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” at "The Theater at St. Clement's" in New York City. Previews began on July 15th. It officially opened on July 24 and will run through August 14th. 

The off-Broadway show was originally supposed to run in January, and CLB had prearranged time off for that, so Y&R wrote into the plot that Michael would be in Peru.  Then the January production of the play in New York was postponed due to a COVID outbreak; but the Peru storyline was already written, so CLB had to take the time off then anyhow.
The play was moved to July so that's what's happening now.

Edited by janea4old