DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

BB is much more suited for Stefan, but he’s another character who is beyond problematic and his “great love” with Gabi was always disgusting to me considering, well, GabY!  Gabi is always second best to Abby!

I’ve only read today’s recap bc “Days” hasn’t aired yet in California but I’m really looking forward to today’s eppy… maybe I’m in the minority but I’ve been stanning Roman & Kate for over 20 years and I like the connection between them and Abe & Paulina.  While I think Allie/Chanel/Johnny is a really innovative twist on an old trope, I don’t actually like either couple (though Allie/Chanel do angst really well).  EJ and Kristen whatever.  I wonder if BB will be alternating between Stefan and Johnny at all??  And this sounds like the most interesting thing Ava has done since she’s been back…

Also, I’m glad Chad is the Horton Home before going to the K’s.  That set makes these sad scenes so much more meaningful.  And I agree that Chad moving to the K mansion will coincide with Stephanie moving in with her Uncle Justin for whatever crackpot reason to jumpstart a Chad/Steph/Alex triangle… good thing we know Steph has no qualms about hooking up with family!  Lol

• Members

Johnny has nobody. He's useless anywhere else so why is he still on the show? I'm not here for a long triangle between these three.

I'm also not here for a Chad/Stephanie/Alex triangle.

I'm close to giving up watching this soap altogether.

Today's shows highlights were Paulina and Kate and Chad and Sonny. Everything else was fast forward material.

• Members

Hot boy summer for Johnny! 

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe have Chanel get jealous as Johnny plays the field. 

I still think it could have gone on longer had Tripp stayed. He brought a different dynamic to the group that needed to be explored. 

• Members

I just CAN'T with this Ava and Jake nonsense. A much deserving runner up, in my opinion, would have to be Allie and Johnny. OMG. I seriously can't. And what a wonderful day to celebrate the life of Jake when Gabby starts talking about DiMera shares and stokeholds or whatever to Ava.  Haahahaha! Gawd.

• Members

Seriously Sonny is doing absolutely nothing on the show. Why did they sign Zach Tinker to a contract? 

This soap is a mess. Its feels like a copy and paste soap. There's no flow to the soap. It's just scenes here and there with no real meaning or purpose.

• Members

Why should anyone care about Dimera shares when they are never seen in the offices? 

Douglas Marland must be laughing at Ron's poor attempt of any story dealing with business.

Ron is a hack. No one gives two sh!ts at the garbage he writes. Instead they reward him with Emmy....

• Members

i wish someone would try to get this soap working again oh please dear lord in heaven, i just want it to endure until 2026 so the show would have it's 60th Anniversary and Deirdre Hall her 50th after that i would just be cool about it getting cancelled, can't they really get a way to do some decent drama? they have a respectable stable of Great, Good and Promising actors

BTW did Susan Seaforth Hayes Get something interesting for Her 50th Anniversary back in 2018?

• Members

Well, Jake's DEAD or whatever, you know. He's dead on the bed and I just wanted to laugh because Gabby's already bringing that DiMera shareholder stock stuff to Ava. And he's DEAD. He just DIED by a meth-head. And Jake and Ava split up like a month and a half ago. And Jake shacked up with Ava in that sh*thole studio apartment shortly thereafter and then he proposes to her with Gwyneth's (Gwen's) engagement ring? 

Geez man. That's so romantic! I just want to dine and wine with generic macaroni and cheese and Barefoot Chardonnay as I gaze at the heavenly stars that shine so bright. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

IMO Jake was a much better fit for BB than Stefan. He worked decently enough as Stefan, but it was an emergency recast and he didn't really feel like the (terrible) character Tyler Christopher had established at all. If they hadn't made TC's Stefan a rapist, I probably could've gone along with it -- but they had already written to the point of killing Stefan off by the time BB started airing, so then they scrambled to create Jake to give him a character with a clean slate. It all went off the rails when they rushed him into DiMeraLand instead of allowing him to be the rough outsider. Do they really think bringing him back as a rapist is going to be the hit they're swinging for?