B&B April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Watching these Sheila/Taylor scenes and realizing their whole arc within the current story probably wouldn't have happened if Hunter Tylo had returned as Taylor.  Which probably would have meant we'd be watching a completely different story altogether.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

4-6

I am still waiting for a fakeout a la DAYS Melaswen.

That said...those scenes were crazy!!!! But again...SHEILA. 

Happy that if anyone found them, it was Deacon. And it says a lot about him that he was able to move past his issues with Ridge and call to let him know. 

And wow at Sheila keeping it together when Deacon found her.

If anything bugged me, it was that the Carter story really and truly has upped and vanished. I would rather had that as a B plot while the Sheila drama was going down instead of Ridge, Taylor, and Thomas in between scenes just talking about Steffy and memories with no flashbacks.

• Members

When did Paris and Zende get couple-y again? Paris’s reaction to Finn’s death could barely be more casual lol. I don’t blame DW but this is what happens when scenes are only written to convey information and not emotion.

I guess it’s good that they’ve finally really acknowledging Finn died aside from the Sheila/Li stuff.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

4-8

Yeeeeeah no to Liam/Steffy again. I know he's the father of her kids, and yet...why is he there?

I am HERE for Sheila vs Li. I could watched more of that. And for once, it's Sheila against someone that doesn't know (or does she?) Sheila's rap sheet. 

• Members

I decided the few minutes that I've seen here or there (the other day), I outgrew soaps.  I can't suspend belief that much and I think that's what it is.  I outgrew it, or I've seen it all so it's all stupid now.  They'll spend weeks and months wondering who could have done such a thing.  Or weeks with Steffy holding complete conversations and then falling off into a mumble when the ask her 'who did it'.  SHHHH everyoone.....be vewwy quiet!  She's twying to tell us something!  While Sheila looks on.  Then Steffy will eeek out...."sheeeeeeelaaaaa".    And then someone will say something even more stupid "oh my GOD.  She wants SHEILA!  Oh Steffy thank GOD!  Yes, Sheila is RIGHT HERE!"   "Sheila, come hold Steffy's HAND, she needs to SEE YOU.  Oh honey, thank God. 

Gag.  Yawn.  I have outgrown this kind of drivel.  The great news from what I read though, is that ratings went up a little - so all the Sheila fans can look forward to her eating the show for the next couple of years with all kinds of stupid silly plots.  I've just seen it all and it's 30 years ago.  I do need to look up and see when that Brooke episode is supposed to be - I think several of the former men are supposed to be back for something.  I'll tune in for that.  

• Members

I also feel a bit as you do. I've wondered is it because the writing has gotten so bad on soaps, are production values so low that it just takes away from the pleasure of watching, is the genre as a whole having an identity crisis, is it me? Even back in 2011 after a few years of not watching soaps, I was able to get hooked on BB for a short while and still found it entertaining albeit not as before when I was an avid soap watcher.

I watched the episode with Sheila jumping and in fact I've had soaps on in the background since the pandemic brought me back because of the classic episodes. Even still nothing remotely interesting happens to draw me back in or to care enough to know what's actually going on. 

The jump, the drama surrounding it, was just one major who cares. It's been done and a lot better before.