Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would hazard to guess that the next step is a redemption arc for Craig, involving both Kayla and Chloe.  Given the lack of creativity among the writers, it will be the stereotypical GBF teaching women to value their worth in relationships and will have nothing to do with Craig's personal growth or finding love. Both Ron and Jamey seem stuck in the My Best Friend's Wedding era of gay media wherein the only purpose of a gay character was to help straight women learn a lesson.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This will be my last post on this "story," I promise...

The tweet from Ron reminds me that there was a book about The View called Ladies Who Punch, written by Ramin Setoodeh. 10 years ago. Setoodeh wrote an article blasting gay actors who play straight roles, and how gay actors can only play gay roles. 

That is also the message sent by making Craig gay - it was clearly not based on any real story reasons, and will have no real impact. They just knew Kevin Spirtas was gay, so, of course, Craig must be gay too. 

I've never been happier that soaps are completely culturally irrelevant, because at a time when this country is hurtling backwards into homophobia and bigotry we are just getting a small taste of (the big taste coming after November's midterm elections), what they have done with this "story" would be pure fodder for so many hatemongers out there, along with so many, many other stories from a writer who penned plots painting gay men as rapists and predators and said they fake hate crimes to get a boyfriend.

• Members

One of the things DAYS does better than the other soaps is having one character expose another, like Abby reading Gwen for filth. We rarely get that satisfaction on the other shows, and it’s one of the great pleasures of soaps. (Love me some Marci Miller.)

• Members

The wedding is such a disastrous episode. Why are Sonny and Will not there yet they have all these useless extras? Once again Ron making a mockery of a gay marriage. Seriously GR and KS should be ashamed of themselves for participating in this mess.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Especially when Sonny was huffing and puffing about exposing Leo.

Chloe not giving a damn that her father is being hurt is priceless.

Has KS forgot how to act? His reaction to Leo's husband was the same as him seeing Xander half naked.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Count me in as someone else who was loving bitchy Abigail taking down Gwen

Yeah that was a mistake. I’m assuming it was an episode guarantee thing but this needed to be a time when that shouldn’t have mattered 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think I would have preferred the small group of people that knew Gwen/Leo/Xander/Craig being there over random extras.  It's not like either couple was popular around Salem, so I would assume their weddings wouldn't have the entire town.  I kept laughing at the horrible extras in the background reacting and wondering who they were invited by. 

I miss the good old Days where a secret would be exposed in front of everyone on the cast and no one would politely leave.  They would all just stay to hear the good gossip lol

I do love they are bringing Laura's death back up.  I was actually surprised by that.