Y&R March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had to read a profile of Mari Jo last night because I couldn't remember her. Couldn't she still be Allie's mother, though? Didn't she have a connection with Keemo briefly? I'd be for this since she once shot Victor! Do it again, Mari Jo. Do it again. 

• Members

I'd tune in more. Maybe Leann is working on a new expose of Genoa City residents. She could have been the one digging around Jack's past and discovered Allie. It'd be perfect timing for her to write another book about Victor and all his family problems, namely Victoria "outsmarting" him and taking Newman and Locke. I'd love to watch Leann stick it to Victor with little snarky barbs. It might even finally give Nikki something to do.

So, of course, it won't happen. 

• Members

Keemo had a crush on Mary Jo and she played along.

But I am almost certain they didn't consumate that crush: she was leading him on to bother Jack. So much so that there was a plot where she hired a hooker to get her off the hook of his sexual needs if I remember correctly.

And in the end when he realized that she had been involved with his father, not only did he break it off, but that was one of the stated reasons he went back to Vietnam (fact he went back to the US after that is new information as far as I can tell) because he couldn't bear the thought he had feelings for a woman who had been with his father and was disgusted with himself yada yada.
He left warning Jack she was bad news and then she was arrested for shooting Victor so I don't think there was any space for them to hookup post-departure.

I don't think there is any way for MaryJo being Allie's mother to make sense. Retcon be a retcon of course but...

• Members

For years I had been suggesting that a return of Leanna Love would have been a great thing, especially when they had the anniversary of Ruthless or even when they commemorated Eric Braeden's time on Y&R by having Leanna put out a new edition to Ruthless. I said that years ago! But would JG botch any return of Barbara Crampton? It just seems like, in his hands, any return of Leanna Love would be destined to disappoint.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
WTF autocorrect?!