Y&R February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In all fairness, the potential for Keemo lies more in the family he could/should have started back in Vietnam with Jack having grandchildren that can be brought on to, say, study in the US.

Keemo himself would be a hard character to bring back. His main characterization was his extremely strong moral compass to the point where having a mere crush on Mary Jo, who had dated his father, was enough for him to consider himself corrupted. What good can a character like that be in incestuous Genoa City?
Time has passed so I guess he could be reinvented but I fail to see a semi-compatible version of him that wouldn't land roughly where Chance is.

Now a Griffith thing to do would be to kill off Keemo off-screen AND leave him without children or a wife. Meaning another potential sources of core family characters just extinguished for a week's worth of Jack mourning a character he had not mentioned in twenty years and done.

• Members

Like you said, he could be reinvented. It's been so long that he could have any characterization they wanted. But on the current show he'd just be another do-gooder who talks about how amazing everyone and thing is.

Or he'd start a scathing podcast about how much Jack sucks so Jack sends him a cease and desist via Amanda. They would discuss this at Grand Phoenix for 3 solid episodes. It would be resolved with Jack tearfully calling Keemo and saying "I'm sorry". We never see Keemo during any of this.

• Members

Yeah, after 25 years, they could really do anything want with Keemo. It’s just a shame that we lack confidence in the writers to do any of consequence with this story. A few random accounts claim that a casting call went out for an Asian female, but I don’t know how reliable that tea is.

This Mariah/Tessa wedding planning is so saccharine and a waste of time (straight outta Hallmark Channel). And then there’s all the discussion about Faith and Moses choosing where to go to college. This show at least needs humor if they’re not going to play conflict, and this all plays like children’s TV.