ALL: Couples you are surprised never reconciled for good

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Frankly, I never understood their appeal.  IMO, Keith Hamilton Cobb was a piss-poor actor, and he had absolutely zero chemistry with Sydney Penny.

Agree.  Even if Drucilla/VR were to magically reappear on Y&R, her return would be so hollow, because Neil/KSJ wouldn't be there.

• Members

I didnt think Cobb's acting was all that great on Y&R. On the flip side, along with RJ on OLTL it was cool to a character with locks!

The character of Neil never recovered after Drews death. He became boring,  and the black storylines on the show never had the same strength as when Dru and Shemar Moore's Malcom were on. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Completely agreed. I think the only interesting pairing story wise Neil had after Dru’s death was Leslie; the debacle that was his blindness story and subsequent revenge plot against Devon & Hilary was complete and utter character assassination that Neil was never paired again with anyone else and left on the back burner for KSJ’s final years.

• Members

Probably won't get a popular opinion but Nadine and Buzz on GL.  Jenna was nice and everything but I liked the idea of Nadine and Buzz.  Killing Nadine off was another in a long line of missteps on GL.  Tag Jenna on there too, along with Maureen of course.  Hillary didn't make a ton of sense either to me.  Some of these killing offs did nothing to drive plot or have long term ramifications the way a good death should.  Some say that Maureen's death drove stories for years...I disagree.  I don't see how it did a thing.  Way off topic for this but Lillian really got squat out of Maureen's death.

• Members

Agree.  And don't tell me that wasn't your intention, powers-that-be, because we all know that's a damn lie.  Neil was deliberately written into a corner like that so it would be that much easier for the show to marginalize him right off the canvas.  KSJ saw the writing on the wall, too.  I'm just sorry about how it all added to his mounting and ultimately overwhelming personal issues.  (Y'all oughta be ashamed of yourselves, Sony/CBS.)

I feel like that's because the audience was so angry over how her and Ed's affair led to Maureen's death.  TPTB greatly underestimated how the audience would have felt about losing Maureen.  Ergo, giving Lillian increased story and/or airtime would have been like rubbing salt in the wound.

Edited by Khan