ALL: Couples you are surprised never reconciled for good

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly, no, but they did have great chemistry and the love story was compelling enough for the Passions universe.
I wasn't a fan but it was SO heavily pushed that the sudden 180 was jarring.

That's what make me so mad. I can understand (even when I don't forgive) a writer killing off or having some bad happen to someone off-screen for the purpose of furthering current story for another character. But here it was unnecessary either in the original or the reboot. Putting Billy/Allison together even with an offhand comment would have been a nice little gift to viewers who had endured the first season and stayed loyal. Not doing it felt... petty.

I don't know if you saw but after Norm McDonald's passing she did a YouTube video about that infamous Conan interview where he bulldozed her and she came off as so self-deprecating and humble and lovely. 

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

CTS seems lovely.  Alison was always my favorite and I just adored Billy/Alison.  It would have been a nice bone to throw to the fans and I just pretend they did end up finding one another off screen lol.

I was never the biggest Passions fan or viewer, but MW and GG seemed to have the best chemistry and most rootable romance on the show at least in the beginning.  I think Rafe has soured us on GG but I think both actors are likable enough, especially on the mess that was Passions.  I not losing sleep over it but it was an odd shift.

I definitely lost more sleep over Billy/Alison not ending up together lol.  Hell, even if she ended up with Jake.  As long as it wasn't in some seedy bar at the bottom of a bottle lol.  

• Members

Since we are doing primetime too, I guess it applies even if we know why it didn't happen (which I think is that VP said no) but since Dallas had gone through the trouble of very strongly suggesting to us Pam was alive, it was surprising they didn't reunite her and Bobby at the end.
And while it was not a surprise *when* it happened since DZ had been gone for a while and they really tried to sell us on the Allison pairing, but if you had told me during the MP heyday that Jake and Jo also wouldn't end up together once it was all said and done, I would have been surprised.

• Members

I must say I am shocked at how much I’m enjoying this show. Sheila and Deacon were a desperately needed shot in the arm after a pretty weak pandemic comeback, and Krista Allen is showing a lot of potential. And I am enjoying the little callbacks (I just watched the episode where Brooke refers to the BelieF formula!) and occasional classic music cues. I’m sure this won’t last but I’m certainly enjoying it in the present.

• Members

I didn't buy Kelly and Dylan together again when he came back. They'd put too much into Brandon and Kelly and into the many, many mentions of Brenda and Dylan being back together offscreen over the ensuing years.

That whole period for 90210 was very bizarre, even by the standards of their later years. Brandon abruptly leaves 4-5 episodes into Season 9, and Val abruptly leaves a week later as Dylan returns and Vanessa Marcil arrives all in the same episode. I'd love to know wtf was going on there, but the dishy tell-all interviews with some of the personnel at the show that have surfaced in recent years don't seem to discuss that stuff.

• Members

Maybe I am straying too far from the concept since those weren't options anymore by the time the show ended, but if you had told me at the height of Falcon Crest that Lance/Melissa wouldn't be the end game and that Richard would end up with some random woman instead of Maggie, I would have been surprised.

I am trying to think of ideas for daytime soaps that have ended but give it to Guiding Light that they pretty much put everyone that ought to be together together at the end even when it was a huge sudden stretch.

• Members

Yeah, the story goes that Victoria wanted a 100 percent guarantee that Dallas was done for good in 1991 (which I doubt, I think she just didn't want to do it, period). I know it would have been cheesy, but even if we had to have Patrick Duffy doing a love scene with the back of someone's head, it would have been nice to get some Bobby and Pam closure. And no, Bobby saying goodbye to the Pam "lookalike" in 1990 doesn't count. Or the claim in 2014 that Pam died 25 or so years prior.

• Members

The show really lost me when Brandon and Kelly just decided not to get married after all that build up.  It made no sense.   Like disregard the last 5 years of our longing and love-we just aren't going to go through with it lol.

It was so odd because they went so back and forth with Kelly and Dylan in season 9/10.  They'd hook up then she'd go back to Matt (is that DC's characters name-I forget lol).  Then Dylan and Vanessa Marcil would be together but then Gina would be with David and then in the very final episode Kelly/Dylan get back together lol.  It was so bad and barely watchable.  Half the reason I did is just because Vanessa Marcil looked really pretty on the show.

Didn't Luke Perry admit he came back to the show for a paycheck?  I don't fault him but........you could tell he didn't give a f$%k.  Honestly at that point you could tell most of the cast was just so over it.  Except Ian Ziering.  He seemed to really enjoy his gig.

• Members

When we are doing primetime:

Lucas and Brooke from One Tree Hill.. I HATE and loathe how much the writers pushed the Payton character and the pairing of her and Lucas and their Happy End while we all know that the only reason we didn’t got an Brucas Endgame was because of the real life break up of Sophia/Chad! 

Cordelia and Angel from Buffy/Angel! 
buffy/Angel 

Atwt:

vienna/Henry. They were hilarious. Had great chemistry and something to care for. I never understood the Barbara/Henry pairing. That always felt so forced. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I loathed Peyton/Lucas.  I was so disappointed the show didn't end with Brucas.  I loved and adored them. But....Peyton/Lucas ending together does follow the trajectory of what the show was setting up in the beginning.  I think they were the endgame couple even if Brooke/Lucas was a way better pairing.   Had Sophia/Chad not broken up, I am sure we would have gotten Brucas again, but as far as the show actually deviating wildly from its origin stories, Peyton/Lucas did make sense.  And they were fairly popular.  I always thought Peyton Sawyer was a lame, whiny, drip of a character though.   I mean the show didn't really exist or make sense past season 4, but the show was clearly setting Peyton/Lucas up from episode 1, perhaps with Lucas ending up with Hayley if she didn't take off with Nathan.