Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I didn't think yesterday's show was awful.  I already had low expectations for this Possession story and the Exorcism, so it's not any worse than I thought it would be.  I'm not raving about it, but it is in the range of what I expected with budget and what not.

I love John/Sami together.  It's one of the more complex, long standing relationships on the show and I like when they get to interact like they did yesterday.  They really have such a complicated history and work well together.

Jules and Carver are the cutest babies ever!  But Lani is really annoying.  She has every right to be angry, but Paulina was only part of the problem.  It was a deception that involved 3 women and roped in an innocent Abe, but Paulina is getting all the blame.  And Lani's reactions to Paulina come off childish and petty.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This.

Ron doesn't have taste. He thinks, "I get to do possession?! I'll put in morphs and laser eyes and a cameo from Donna Summer!"

Possession 2.0 has been a source of secondhand embarrassment for everyone involved, mostly Drake and Deidre. It's not even slightly watchable.

Indulgent, stupid, a mess.

A co-HW at the very least.

I can barely watch Possession 2.0. It's bad.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Granted, I’m the least loyal to DAYS of the remaining soaps, but I actually find a flatlining Y&R more watchable than this current version of DAYS. Just a waste of a lot of really great talent (better than Y&R by far) on ridiculous sh!t that goes nowhere.

• Members

The sequel is never better than the original, but I didn't think that this was completely terrible. It actually seemed to be taken seriously in these final weeks, which was the way that it needed to be done. Certain things could have been done better but considering the interference and the cluelessness of writers and executive producers on other soaps, I imagine that it could have been much, much worse. My biggest criticism of this storyline was Susan. Except for her scenes with EJ in the hospital, she came off as annoying and was just not needed.

I also believed that it moved too fast. The exorcism, just like Abe and Paulina's wedding, should have played out for multiple episodes not just one or two, episode guarantees be damned.

Per Jason47's website, the last time she attended was 2019

I had a feeling you were going to enjoy that 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It's frustrating because I actually enjoy Ron's Days. I think he hits the bullseye on a lot of things. I watch the show almost daily and like what I've seen since coming back to it.

The possession story though?

I'm not even offended by it, it's just dumb.

His tastes are skewed. He needs a co-HW with better sensibilities.

Edited by KLN

• Members

This does seem like a quick resolution for everything.  The last Exorcism went on forever and ever.  I liked her family coming together and the flashbacks, but the first Exorcism had so much drama and pathos and fake death.  Idk, I have a hard time believing RC would resolve this that easily.  I am hopeful for at least a break from the devil for a minute.