Chemistry Magnets on Each Soaps?

• Members

Basically which actors in daytime have chemistry with almost everyone their romantically paired with, for me.

b&b- Katherine Kelly Lang(except TK), Rena Sofer, Jacqui Woods, Lawrence St Victor

y&R- Sharon Case, Mishael Morgan, Michelle Stafford

Gh- Rebecca Herbst, Donnel Turner; Maura West

days-Nadia Bjorlin, Robert Scott Wilson, Camila Banus

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Vanessa Marcil had chemistry (romantic and non) with pretty much every person she had scenes with except for Ricky Martin.

I've always thought Rick Hearst was good at generating chemistry with whomever he was paired with (though I didn't see him on Y&R and only saw a bit of his first B&B run).

• Members

GH Steve Burton- he had chemistry with Sarah Brown's Carly, Sam, Robin, Brenda, Britt, Elizabeth, Karen, Keesha, etc...

Imagine of they brought back Keesha as a potential interest for Jason.

Y&R Don Diamont- Brad had chemistry with Drucilla, Nikki, Olivia, Ashley (Brenda Epperson), Jill, Sharon, and most of all Lauren. I'm surprised they never tried to pair him with either Phyliss or Christine.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Vanessa Marcil easily.  I mean she didn't have good chemistry with Ricky, but she had better chemistry with him than anyone else.  She even made Brad Rowe seem mildly not bland.

BH, SBu, KMc are honarble mentions for GH.

On Days I always thought Ali Sweeney managed good chemistry with her pairings. 

Deidre has done well with her pairings too.  The only person she has had anti chemistry with is JT's Roman.  And they actually were kinda cute in 86 when he played Chris.

• Members

Back in the day- I thought Genie Francis had lots of chemistry.  I was too little for her original run, but from YouTube she seems to have chemistry with all her scene partners.  Other than Luke, in the 90’s I thought there were sparks with Sonny, Tony, Mac, Roy, and she had great scene partners chemistry with pretty much everyone else.

Vanessa Marcil for sure- she even gave Ricky a little heat.

On DAYS I always thought Deidre could be in scenes with anyone and had chemistry to spare.  Same with Peter Reckell too- he sizzled with Hope, Carly, and had okay chemistry with all the Billie’s.  He also had amazing chemistry with Wayne, and the rest of his family and the Hortons.

• Members

I'm going to have to add Stephen Schnetzer as Cass Winthrop to this list.  Think of how varied  his partners were; from Nicole Love, to Kathleen McKinnon, Frankie Frame, and Lila Roberts.  The Kathleen/Frankie/Cass triangle only worked because he had chemistry with both actresses.  He made Nicole interesting and funny.  He also humanized Lila and gave her routing value.  Finally, the man looked so natural in a tuxedo, he wore it like most would wear sweatpants.  Even when soaps, (and fashion), went somber in the 90s he continued to exude glamour and panache. 

Also, Felicia Jones on GH.  Most female characters cannot sustain after being in a supercouple once their partner leaves town (e.g. Hope on DAYS). However, Felicia was somehow able to make Tom Hardy and Colton Shore sexually alluring, even thought both characters were played by the most wooden actors in daytime.  She also brought out the best in Dekker Moss, a completing unappealing guy.  And then created a second super couple pairing with Mac.  Her friendship with Lucy, Luke, and Kevin were also highlights.  She is a force of lightness in an often dark town.