The 80's, the best decade of them all!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Same here. My brother fathered a child at 19 which made me a 10 year old uncle, kinda cool at the time. Now that nephew is 33 and married and I have a grandniece. Where did the time go? I don’t know about you guys, but I simply do not feel “my age”, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I had a wonderful childhood, spoiled but by no means rotten, I’m super nostalgic when it comes to my ‘80s upbringing. I look at a lot of people I grew up with, and we are so different from our parents. Many of us are still unmarried and without children struggling to find affordable housing. Meanwhile, my mother was a 36 year old grandmother with a mortgage.

• Members

I only feel slightly less old - 1980 baby here!

Seriously though, time I made an actual contribution to this thread. 80s music is my go-to music and has been for a very long time. I’m also a music chart fiend so have almost obsessive fascinations with Top 10s from way back when - I still remember early 1987 as the time I started consciously remembering watching music videos and the like.

I count Xanadu and Flashdance as two of my all-time favourite soundtracks 

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...