Eurovision Song Contest 2022

OzFrog

• Members

Folks we are off to Turin in Italy for the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, with the theme of the contest being The Sound Of Beauty!

Please register in order to view this content

We have officially 40 countries competing in this year’s contest, which will happen on the following dates:

• Semi Final 1 - 10 May 2022
  • Semi Final 2 - 12 May 2022
  • Grand Final - 14 May 2022

Semi-final running orders are below:

In addition to the Semi Final lineups above, the host nation Italy will be performing in the Grand Final in 9th spot on the running order (as per the draw done at the Heads of Delegation meeting on 14 March). 

All songs for this year’s contest are below:

BULGARIA

CZECH REPUBLIC

ALBANIA

MOLDOVA

SPAIN

NORTH MACEDONIA

IRELAND

ISRAEL

ITALY

ESTONIA

LITHUANIA

LATVIA

NORWAY

POLAND

CROATIA

SLOVENIA

SAN MARINO

MALTA

AUSTRALIA

UKRAINE

FINLAND

NETHERLANDS

MONTENEGRO

GERMANY  

FRANCE

DENMARK

SERBIA  

ROMANIA 

SWITZERLAND

UNITED KINGDOM

BELGIUM

GEORGIA

AUSTRIA

CYPRUS

GREECE

SWEDEN

ICELAND

PORTUGAL

ARMENIA

ARMENIA

AZERBAIJAN

Edited by OzFrog

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The first national selections have already commenced! Eesti Laul, Estonia’s selection show started last Saturday night. This time around, they have extended the contest format to include quarter-finals, the first of which was held last weekend. 

10 songs will be shown in each quarter final, with 5 songs from each show progressing to the semi-finals which will be held in February next year, culminating with the grand final on February 12.

The selection for the Czech entry will occur online between 7 and 15 December, with the performances being recorded live-to-tape and revealed on 6 December. The final result will be announced on 16 December - international jury vote will comprise 50%, with international fan vote 25% and Czech fan vote 25%.

Festivali i Këngës 60, Albania’s selection, will occur across three consecutive nights between 27 and 29 December, inclusive. The 20 competing artists have already been announced, and can be found here: 

https://eurovisionworld.com/esc/albania-2022-heres-the-lineup-for-festivali-i-kenges-60

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OMG, I had no idea SON had a Eurovision thread!! Oh, I will be here on a regular basis..

I am not loving the Bulgaria song. They are clearly trying to capitalize on Maneskin success, but it never works. The song is very "regular rock song", I don't see anything special in it. 

So far, listening to Estonia, Chechia, Albania songs... I am not in love with any of them. I kind of listen to "Theje" by Alban R. from Albania, it's very dramatic and intense, but none of the songs proposed by these three countries could I see winning. 

• Members

It's an average dance pop song, with absolutely nothing fresh or interesting. I can listen to it, it's fine. But it will not stand out whatsoever. And with Czech Republic's horrible track record, I would not be surprised if this does not qualify.

• Members

I don't really follow Junior Eurovision. I find it not fair with kids age 10 singing against kids age 16. Kids at 10 are still kids, singing kiddy songs about toys and grandparents, while kids at 16 can already be proper pop stars, singing about whatever. 

• Members

I did happen to watch JESC this time around, and actually thought it was a really well-produced show, with lots of diverse songs. I’m keen for France to win the main contest again soon, just so I can see if France Television can do as good a job with the production as they did with JESC.