• Members

April sweeps Spoilers Ben/Ciara “We are torturing the Ben and Ciara fans somewhat. She’s almost speaking for the audience when she says, ‘How could I be in love with a serial killer, and any didn’t someone stop me?; So we are seeing Ben in a desperate situation to get her to remember their love. And in the meantime, Ciara is reconnecting with Theo who she feels safe around and is the opposite of the Necktie killer in her mind."

Brady/Chloe Brady finds out that Chloe has feelings for him and we see that impact on him. He is in love with Kristen. They share a child but she is stuck in prison for however long that is and Chloe suddenly has feelings for him. How is Brady going to handle that? Is he going to stay loyal to Kristen? Is he tempted by his feelings for Chloe?

Gabi/Phillip Jake told Gabi to move on so Gabi takes the ball & runs with it. She worms her way into Philip's life. She brings Gabi Chic to Titan and starts to have this banter with Philip, and Gabi realizes this would be a great way to get under both Jake & Kate's skin."

Abigail/Jack/Gwen "Jack really wants to end this war between Abigail and Gwen. He manages to make some inroads with Chad's help. And then there's a new twist to the story that blows all that up." Murder Mystery You see that Sami is maybe covering for Allie. We see John had a blackout and he remembers he heard the gunshot, but we don't know what that means.....As we move onto the next phase the investigation seems to focus on John & Marlena's family; It takes another turn as it starts to escalate. We are building who really did it and we will find out who it is this spring;

Lani/Eli/Chanel/Pauline/Abe "We see that Paulina & Chanel have a sparky relationship. Chanel is this free spirit who was going all over the world spending her mother's money. And now Paulina is cutting that off; They will continue to clash. Chanel acts out in some very outrageous and fun ways and Lani and Eli are caught in the middle of this." As for Abe and Paulina, "They're getting closer, not just in business, but realistically closer, too." 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ugh... I think we know what the Gwen twist is... even though it's been months already.

I'm interested in the Gabi/Philip dynamic. I wonder if they're actually going to fall in love.

And Brady, please be tempted by your feelings for Chloe lol. I'm looking forward to when it all comes out about what Kristen did to Xander and Sarah.

• Members

I missed one

Sami/Lucas/Kristen "What you'll learn is that Sami & Lucas have a huge secret between the two of them and unfortunately for them, Kristen as Susan stumbles on to this, so those two stories collide where Kristen holds this over Sam & Lucas's heads...; ...& she's like I'll keep your secret if you'll keep mine. But what I need is for you to get Chloe away from Brady & if you don't I'll reveal what I know about you & Lucas. Hijinks most definitely ensue.";

• Members

The twist...while EJ has been recovered...Sami and Lucas have been FWB the whole time or falled back into Lumi.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...I'm down for seeing the Gabi/Phillip dynamic. And the idea the writers are FINALLY exploring Chloe/Brady again. Make it a foursome...sextet if you count Jake and Kate. 

• Members

these aren't the storeies that are gonna bring stay-at-home eyes to your show during a pandemic... yikes.

Please register in order to view this content

Wall-to-wall boring. The lack of Xander isn't surprising, of course DAYS wouldn't use one of the most charismatic actors in their bag. 

i'm guessing Sami's gonna dress up as Stan to seduce Chloe? 

• Members

Xander

When things go awry with Sarah as one might imagine he does not take it well. We have him go on this drunken bender that goes on for awhile. He's on a downward spiral and gets completely plastered and you'll see that he wakes up and finds himself in a surprising situation that is going to be very fun."

Tripp/Allie: "It has been nice to see these two tiptoe toward each other. As the romance of it is starting to build, suddenly there's another party in the mix and Tripp will find himself having a little competition for Allie's heart."

Nicole/Rafe/Ava

Ava and Rafe have been connecting ever since Ava moved into his house and it starts to turn romantic. But that bond between Nicole and Rafe is there and she's a little bit jealous inspite of herself...As for Eric he agrees to stay for another 3 mths in Africa. Nicole goes off the rails a bit and ends up making a choice that is going to threaten to put an end to her marriage."

Edited by Dylan

• Members

Lord. That reads like something Reilly would have pulled in 2004-2005. Remember Sami forcing Lexie to tell Carrie she'd have disfigured babies or some [!@#$%^&*]?

I hope it plays better than it reads but I don't have high hopes. Lord. We get Sami and Lucas back and they're wasted on this mess? I *should* be thrilled Kristen is interacting with Sami and Lucas but not for this Chloe/Brady nonsense (It at least works because Sami and Lucas of course have their own history with Brady and Chloe).

I feel like Ron gets distracted by shiny ideas, he veers here, there and everywhere but often misses the real beats that should be played. Things happen ("wacky hijinks") but does any of it really matter?

I'm interested in Gabi and Philip too. Phloe fans are fuming but I love Phloe too and even I'd play up Philip and Chloe with others first. It's long overdue for Chloe and Brady to be explored again but it's really just a plot device for Kristen apparently (though obviously he's falling for her again and vice versa). Kristen and Brady are definitely done. There's no coming back from this and if they do, just kill Brady. LOL.

I feel like Theo is just a plot device to 'threaten' Ben and Ciara. Sigh. Unless they write them out together and Ben is left to sleep with Claire. Sigh.

The Carvers do sound on an island unto themselves. Paulina needs to be everywhere. Maybe she will be. I don't really need to see Abe attempted to be paired with any new female of a similar age. Why? I get she livens him up and they have some chemistry but I feel like Valerie keeps getting the shaft (first for Sheila and now with Paulina because Ron has more fun writing for them).

The sad thing is, there's potential in this canvas, but Ron is a hot mess and the focus/direction feels all wrong.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

He's an enigma, that's for sure. His story ideas sound good, but they often get bogged down with all that clownish crap that he loves to do and there's honestly no idea for it. Kristen blackmailing Sami and Lucas actually does sound interesting, but her pretending to be Susan while doing it is just so ridiculous. That whole idea about the Kristen/Susan switch was a mistake from the beginning and tying Sarah and Xander made the mistake even bigger.

• Members

Exactly. A lot of his ideas, on paper, aren't bad. Most of the time it feels like a big waste of time though when it plays out. He needs someone to reign him in and balance him out.

And, as always, there's tons of other factors in play. Poor editing jobs, poor pacing, no budget ... lol

All of it makes me feel like I have whiplash when watching. It's just so hard to invest in as much as I try to. But I do notice some of the same stuff he did at OLTL and GH. A story would play out and then be dropped and then picked back up (which is either ... a choice, or most likely budget related to do it that way). I miss a good flow to the soaps but I know so many factors are at play.

I also assume, for example, when John and Marlena are MIA for long stretches, he's likely 'saving them up' to use them heavily later (plus he has a habit of starting stories before actors are available, like Sweeney, which delayed the murder mystery). Like I said, factors like that make it hard to invest in the show. Fans get interested in the murder mystery only to have Marlena spend her time with Ben and Sami with Rafe and not really follow up on anything. Is what it is I guess lol. (It's picked back up now but I'm a little behind)

Edited by KMan101