The Real World Homecoming: New York

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I need Melissa to go OFF on Julie. I need another chair moment. I really do. Her flat-out telling her husband that she got drunk for the show is DISGUSTING. Like, sick in the head DISGUSTING.

No. Only the black man she room[ed] with. Had Jaime done it, I don't think she would've said sh*t. Melissa calling her out on hitting the pavement and tree... whew.

• Members

There is a huge difference between getting drunk and falling flat on your face and running into a tree and throwing up.  That's sloppy, black out and dangerously drunk.  I doubt Julie remembers a thing about that night and was trying to make excuses to her husband for when it does air.

I want Melissa and everyone to go off on her, but I feel like she's not even worth anyone's time or energy.  Julie is just delusional and no one is going to change her mind I feel like.  I think Julie probably would have made a big deal about even if Jamie did it.  She wants to be a victim and make everything about her regardless.  Julie doesn't think she is racist and didn't take into consideration the repercussions of saying that about the black man who was the only one who stepped up and helped her.  Julie is definitely one of those women who says she is not racist because she has a black and a gay friend.  

At this point I would rather have an entire episode of boring ass Jamie/Matt/Kelly sitting in the house over anymore screen time for Julie.

• Members

I loved Scandal so much.  I know it went off the rails toward the end and if I never hear the words B6-13 again in my life I will be happy, but those first couple of seasons were amazing!!  Olivia Pope is the greatest!

I think Melissa has grown a lot.  I hope she tells it like is and doesn't speak to Julie for another 20 years lol.  So far I like this show more than the previous two reunion seasons, but the focus on Julie is very annoying.  She's getting the most screen time by being an absolute idiot.

• Members

New Orleans cast resonates with me better.  LA/New York happened when I was too young to watch it in real time, so the NOLA cast feels much closer in age to myself.  There is a bit more earnestness and realness in the first few seasons cast though.  By New Orleans, MTV knew what they were looking for and the castmates definitely knew they were there for drama and entertainment. 

Watching David in LA was a tough watch.  I really felt I was watching someone with severe mental problems who's life was in complete shambles.  It was uncomfortable. 

Julie's just an entitled, racist, homophobic b*tch.  I don't feel like she's actually struggling with anything except getting the most attention and screentime.

• Members

Honestly, I never watched the original seasons of The Real World because of my age. My first season, I believe, was 2004's San Diego, because I remember Frankie leaving the house. I honestly thought San Francisco would've been the next city to reunite, which I am sure would be heavily emotional, due to Pedro's death.

The problem is David could never accept his role in what happened in that house, especially with Tami, and him LAUGHING at the event re-playing on television said all that was needed to be said. I honestly don't get why he re-entered that house or what he expected to be the outcome, but it ended up being the same as the first time. He remains as immature as he was during the original season, which is sad.

Julie:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Julie Julie Julie... you don't f*cking get it. Talking about how Tokyo wants to do this for television... so glad Melissa called her fake ass out! Melissa pushing Tokyo back to be in-direct to Julie gave me a chair reprise but, in a more adult way, and I am LOVING it. Matt... STFU! You have no skin in this conflict at all. Go back home to your wife and sports team of children. Melissa walking out, without a care for Julie's act, is priceless. Now Julie... that, darling, is how you do television by being YOURSELF. Julie, darling, YOU are the bully. YOU are the one who wrote those letters in the past. Melissa is me.. I don't want to be on a swamp tour because it's outside. I am Melissa. Melissa is me. Girl, let's go to a hotel and pamper ourselves. Also.. what is it with all of these men and those old man white socks? No ma'am!

In 1992, race was a topic of issue. In 2000, race was a topic of issue. In 2022, race is still a topic of issue. I hate that we have this problem. It is genuinely f*cked up.

Julie every single episode:

That mid-season trailer was... whew!

• Members

Just like the original shows, I find the only cast I would hang around with and like spending time with is the original NYC cast (sans Becky, who seemed to regress instead of act like a rational adult). Everything after with the subsequent casts has been a predictable train wreck. Again.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Julie spills about her [!@#$%^&*] Jaime. Jaime doesn't recall. Says it didn't mean that much to him. Julie talks about [!@#$%^&*] buddies which makes Matt cringe. Julie talks about Jaime giving her the first ever orgasm. Everyone says how they were in love with Jaime even Danny said he had the hots for him.

Jaime feels very uncomfortable with Julie spilling all.

Matt's wife looks like a Julie clone. He comments how he has seven kids. They show him praying with his wife. Matt seems to be rubbing it in that he lives a pure life.

• Members

Julie, darling, stop making everything about YOU! Jamie don't give two-sh!ts about you. Poor Jamie doesn't want to know about you masturbating, which is totally normal, but he does not need to know about this.

And I'm going to need Matt stop get off of his religious high-horse. I have zero issues with those who follow religion, but those who use it to act above others? That's what I have a problem with. He's a close-minded, judgmental ass, yet claims he's not here to judge. Hypocrite.