The Real World Homecoming: New York

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The New York cast, in the '90s and present day, still looks like puppies and rainbows next to this trainwreck (and other similar casts). The Original New York cast seemed to actually like or respect each other (sans Becky). This is just off the chain.

Kind of sad that things are still so messy decades later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't really understand it all.  Were they making that much money speaking?  I do think her reps might have wrote the letters to get her all the jobs because that's what agents do.  But.......Julie not reaching out and acting clueless for 20 years isn't a good look.  Neither is her stealing Toyko (David's) exact words when apologizing or getting so drunk she's kicked out of a club.  It seems she is still married, but the fact she called her mom instead of her husband when all the crap went down feels weird?  She seems like a really unhappy person.

Danny's trajectory is kind of sad.  He seems to live a very secluded life.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Some agents and managers are more about their 10% then whats best for their clients. Also back then maybe she had managers that were homophobic. 

I know Sean From Boston came to my college and it was near 10,000.00

• Members

I had the biggest crush on Danny. He was my favorite. He lives in Vermont? Who lives in Vermont?

Please register in order to view this content

I've got to catch the first two episodes later after I see the LB tribute.

I haven't even watched the first two reunion RW.

I had forgotten some of the people that appeared on the New Orleans season.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Well, Julie admitted to writing the letter about Danny, so it wasn't the agents on that. 

Julie's story back then was very interesting with BYU and Mormonism, so I think she would be a better draw than Melissa.  Although I think Melissa has 100% the better personality and does have a story to tell.  I am thinking of optics at the time.

Danny's story was so groundbreaking as well, but at the time I could see booking Julie as the easier option.  I don't know, it seems more about Julie's lack of reaction for 22 years than money. 

And Julie's entitlement of just being forgiven because she said sorry a quarter century later is so off putting.