ALL: Make An Actor Swap

• Members

If you had a chance to recast 2 characters in any soap (whether "permanently" or just to try it out of curiosity) but only by swapping 2 actors who appeared in the same soap to play each other's characters, who might you pick? You can pick 2 actors who appeared during the same time or you get to use a time machine (with a de-ager included) so that the actors/characters don't have to be on the show at the same time. In other words, if 2 actors appeared on, say, GH as teenagers, one in 1980 and one in 2000, you can swap them at their character ages at the time.

For instance, I've often thought that Tony Call and Jerry verDorn seemed of similar physical type. What if, on OLTL, JvD could be Herb Callison back in the day while TC took over as Clint (Jerry's version, of course, not Clint Ritchie's). JvD would fit right in with Herb being a lawyer but not sure how convincing Tony would be when it came to what was just the touch of the cowboy (as nu-Clint had become)...even Jerry wasn't entirely believable in that regard, although I think Tony could have pulled off the other aspects of nu-Clint's personality.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Right now I’d swap Melissa Ordway and Donny Boaz with Mark Lawson and Emme Rylan as Chance and Abby to play off their chemistry on GH and also put actors in the roles that can actually act and be given proper story. I feel both characters are stunted based on who is playing them. 

• Members

You can swap 2 actors from the same soap to play each other's characters,  even if they weren't on at the same time. For instance, do you think AMC's Alicia Minshew and Rebecca Budig could have played each other's roles of Kendall and Greenlee? Or might you have wanted to see RB as a 1980s Liza Colby swapping with a young Marcy Walker to play Greenlee?

Edited by applcin

• Members

I haven’t watched Y&R in months but I’d have gladly swapped Cynthia Watros for Michelle Stafford.  If I had to swap.   Rather have Gina Tognoni back but with a swap definitely Watros.  It’s been long enough since she played Kelly that I would tune in again just to see what she could do:

• Members

I have another but probably not a great idea.  Heather Tom returning to Y&R as Victoria and Amalie Heinle (sp?) as Katie Logan.  Problem is that Heinle can’t cry well enough to be Katie and Heather wouldn’t be able to cry herself to another Emmy on Y&R

• Members

How about Gina Tognoni (ex-Dinah, GL) back as Y&R's Phyllis and Wendy Moniz (ex-Dinah, GL) as a recast Victoria? 

I don't know if that follows this thread's rules, I'd just like to see that happen

Please register in order to view this content

Or in the very least, see Moniz back on daytime. 

Is Watros still on GH? She could've been a Kristen DiMera recast on DAYS... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Wendy was my sisters' favorite Dinah and they never watch GL before her.  They were GH fans.  They loved her.  Especially since Cassie was such the "good girl".  She was excellent.  I started watching  Y&R regularly when Michelle Stafford came back but it's been a total flop.  I can't tell whether it's the writing or what but Mal Young certainly was no Shakespeare.  Stafford is just uninspired and I've noticed tics that I never did before.  The whispering drove me crazy.  And I just didn't see the chemistry between her and Josh Morrow or any guy on the show really.  It just wasn't Phyllis to me.  I know posters said Gina's Phyllis had to go to the dentist to control her vagina but that's a better Phyllis than a warm body.  Stafford has lost her craft.